Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The Digital Economy

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I watched Carly Fiorina from Hewlet-Packard give a speech today on the future of technology. Very interesting. Now I know why they made her CEO.

She was extremely articulate in her vision for the future of technology. Basically she summed it up this way. EVERYTHING will be digital. Most everything will be mobile, and lastly we will be dealing with a virtual environment. Therefore if you are a CEO of a company you had better "begin" the process of "digitizing" your work environment. If you don't she went on to say, it will be too late , as your competition will be better positioned to take advantage of the "technology" that is "coming down the pike"

The digital part of our technology future is what excites me. We are engaging in "digital transfer" right here on DNF already. Example: "YourDomain.com" is worth "$xxx" dollars to me so I paypal you "$xxx" for it. I never really "get" to see the domain I bought from you, nor do you really ever get to see the money I sent you, but somehow "we" both benefit. Through this "digital transference" we've saved a "bundle".

(think digital markets!!) d:)

They are the future!!

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice post!

All things digital! such as even your own signature..
thus I reg'd
DigiSignature.com
(it may be a bit ahead of it's time for resale.. but it's a keeper in my opinion)

Nice post!

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TexasFilly
Nice post!

All things digital! such as even your own signature..
thus I reg'd
DigiSignature.com
(it may be a bit ahead of it's time for resale.. but it's a keeper in my opinion)

Nice post!

Nice reg TF!!! Really nice since many government agencies are adopting "digital signature" policies... The effort behind this: They want to "lower" the cost of doing business. Just think how much paper a local goverment agency has to handle, and on top of that, store for 7 to 10 years. Finally the "government" is getting lighter, and smarter.

I never thought I would see "Digi" anything after the 90's, but I am becoming a "fast" believer in it's remergence. The "drive" towards digital will be "driven" by new product development, the savings a "digital" environment can provide, and better (or appearance of) security.

What I would recommend if you plan on "speculating" in this market would be to stick towards "core" digital environments. Keeping in mind everything will be digitized!!-- That said, don't get "Digi-Happy", just "Digi-focused".

izopodian philosophy: Technology alone can't solve all your problems, however technology and people who aren't afraid to question the status quo can.

Ask yourself this: Who said to watch TV you had to be looking in the direction of the TV set?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
I watched Carly Fiorina from Hewlet-Packard give a speech today on the future of technology. Very interesting. Now I know why they made her CEO.

Your post is a good one and I agree with everything :)

Just FYI

My cousins whole family works for HP,

apparently many of the employees @ HP do not like her too much :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom