Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The Domain Halo Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why does a domain name have value? I’ve struggled to answer this question, not because the answer is unforthcoming, but because no particular answer ever seems right. I could say that domains are valuable because they help you climb up the SEO ladder. But that would exclude a majority of brandable domain names. I could [...]

More...

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These DNFBlog articles are a godsend to the domaining industry. Not only are they addressed to domain insiders, but they're articulated in a way that professionals outside the industry can absorb and benefit from. Not many domain bloggers really bridge the gap this way. It would not be a bad idea at all for domainers with quality names for sale to include a few judicious links to articles like these -- as well as to historical domain sales -- as part of their sales pitch. An educated buyer is more likely to be a motivated buyer.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This article was well written and easy to understand for a non-domainer.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These DNFBlog articles are a godsend to the domaining industry. Not only are they addressed to domain insiders, but they're articulated in a way that professionals outside the industry can absorb and benefit from. Not many domain bloggers really bridge the gap this way. It would not be a bad idea at all for domainers with quality names for sale to include a few judicious links to articles like these -- as well as to historical domain sales -- as part of their sales pitch. An educated buyer is more likely to be a motivated buyer.

I find that people who don't understand domains are also the people who usually don't understand branding and marketing in general.

I also believe that my point about a good domain name being memorable in a chance meeting or a conference to be rather overlooked by most domainers. In reality, if you got the chance to give Reid Hoffman an elevator pitch, you would increase your chances of landing an investment twofold if your company's domain name is memorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom