Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The fall of all domain name value (Hopefully not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking, with all of these new extensions coming out, do you guys think .com's value is sacrificed at all? Or do you think it goes up?

I just hope there is never a day when people can register their own extensions. Immagine owning an extension..

If that ever happend I would get .xom or .vom.. d:)

Think of all the typos.. :approve:

But what do you think about adding new extensions? Should there be a stopping point? If so, where is that point.

I am a firm believer in a .com only internet, but it's too late for that. My main fuss about it is say someone ownes the domain microsoft.com and get a trademark on it. This person's name is Bill Gates by the way. Anyway, John Doe buys microsoft.net. What? a C&D in the mail? Someone else buys .org, .us, info, etc. Apparently, even though Bill didn't buy all these, (which he may have, I'm just using this as a hypothetical argument), he actually now owns every extension. So why even have all of the extensions? Seems like the system is completely defeating itself.

Chew on that for a while. :)

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The internet will soon be ruined. :-(

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
007 said:

Give me a break, these softwares must be local on each machine or accepted at the ISP level (likely your reach is a few hundred nodes).

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
007 said:

What the hell are you talking about? The internet is booming...

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Went and checked out that page. I take that back. I thought these were actual top level domain extensions that would work like the new ones currently out.

A big NEVER MIND. :eek:k:

lol

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just because there are new tlds released does not mean the end of the internet. It may for domainers but not for developers ;).

K

KerryLost

There is nothing wrong with new extentions.. but .com will ALWAYS be the standard and one people would pay alot of money to get instead of using a .net or any other extension...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we are in this business, to buy and sell domains and websites, including other related products and services.

why, then.......would you start a discussion,that would "theorize" the end of this?

puzzled indeed `~`

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I was asking for people's opinions on whether of not new TLD's would lower or raise the value of .com's.

Surely you noticed the (Hopefully not) in the title! :)

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I feel .com will always be king in global trade. The Internet makes the world a small place. The people that reg there country tld surely want there .com present's like sedo or any other global business. I sold some stupid name to a uk holder of the uk tld
his statement was I don't need the com we are a small company with no budget
I just don't want the traffic to get away. Traffic mean's profit. "Oh yeh he said his business was limited to the uk..." Do you think this guy is dumb or a smart business man. If you said a smart business man you'll surive as a domain name reseller. To me
each country has it's domain name that will make money and the opportunity to make money from a reseller stand point. We have the advantage because we see it grow
and can buy in the sunrise period keyword domain name's. .eu .be .sg .at .jp .us and so many more. It will just take time to resell because of the theory of supply and demand. .com has taken year's be within your self select your names with a global mind
build value while you wait for the big fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom