Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The Greatest Domainer Story Ever Told

Status
Not open for further replies.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ultsearch has seemingly closed the deal with marchex for 155+ millions. most of his (former?) domains now point to private registration (whois.)

let's take a minute and congratulate to this guy on his incredible success, and equally important on the way he carried himself throughout the years:

as far as i know he never advertised to be selling any of his domains; he never frequented forums to offer his domains for sale; he never posted landing pages with 'for sale' signs. not one single domain of his was ever advertised by him as being for sale. yet, in the end, he sold 'em all for 155M which is the greatest financial success in the history of internet domain market/commerce, and a biger single payout than what 95% of all other world domainers ever achieved put together (combined.)

lack of ego on this guy is unbelievable. while some domainers begin to think they are somehow incredibly important for selling a few domains for 4 or 5 figures, and enjoy boasting about their incredible provess, expertise, god-given smarts, this guy never said a peep about any of his success(es.) no arguments with others domainers, no kissing asses, no interviews to the media, no press releases, no castles in scotland, ferraries or pretty babes. not even a single webpage stating his company 'mission', or offering 'case studies'...not a thing. nothing - except a vision paired with incredible dedication & hard work.

considering all the above facts, it is almost unreal to fathom this guy. i can truly say that i don't know any other similarly comparable instance of someone making hundreds of millions of dollars in today's materialistly oriented western world, while being and remaining anonymous by his own choice and design.

congrats ult - u deserved it.

marchex dot com/ir_press.html#news19

tm3500

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to ULTSEARCH! An inspiration to all of us.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
perhaps Yun Ye has taken a vow of silence and lives in a monastery? Perhaps Yun Ye just hates everyone in the domain community, and thats why he is silent? maybe he is too busy using his money to fund crystal meth labs throughout the contiguous 48 states? maybe he is remaining quiet because he is on the run from a certain governmental agency composed of bean counters...it doesnt make sense to praise someone for being non-egostical just cuz they dont say diddly squat.

ive got nothing against yun ye, i just dont like ass-kissing unless its my ass being kissed. which usually doesnt happen unless i open my wallet.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hahahaha exactly, he is doing whatever he is doing.. good on him but its none of my concern :)

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
draqon said:
perhaps Yun Ye has taken a vow of silence and lives in a monastery? Perhaps Yun Ye just hates everyone in the domain community, and thats why he is silent? maybe he is too busy using his money to fund crystal meth labs throughout the contiguous 48 states? maybe he is remaining quiet because he is on the run from a certain governmental agency composed of bean counters...it doesnt make sense to praise someone for being non-egostical just cuz they dont say diddly squat.

ive got nothing against yun ye, i just dont like ass-kissing unless its my ass being kissed. which usually doesnt happen unless i open my wallet.

concept of 'kissing ass' applies only in instances where there's a clear interest. as u can very well guess i have no interest in posting this thread whatsoever.

all i am saying is that in this age of various self-proclaimed webfathers, domain kings and gurus, it so refreshing and nice to see someone who is so different.

and also, it is amazingly ironic to see a domainer who never adevrtised to sell his domains - achieve a financial success that all other 'for-sale' domainers couldn't achieve put together. there's something so simply incredible in that fact.

he's the world's greatest domainer, and i praised him for that. or maybe that doesn't make sense either?

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for posting producer... I do like hearing about the successful... especially when they do great things with obvious class... very cool..

Vivvy

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
damnit! kissingass.com is not available!!

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that would be a fun domain to develop...

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
draqon said:
that would be a fun domain to develop...

yes, but you would first have to open your wallet for that one :-D

check the whois.. :cheeky:

hahahah....

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
UltSearch.in and YunYe.in are available, producer. Now you can build your own shrine and dedicate it to the Ultimate Domainer. :rolleyes:

BTW UltimateDomainer.com is available as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom