Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

the headaches of trying to buy a site

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ever try to buy a site off someone (outside of the forums) and they give you the run around like you're a newbie and/or an idiot, To the point you just say forget it and go bout your way??

When you know you could have cashed in pretty big on the website! :pray:

Domain Days 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My guess is some people put some much of their heart into their site and they never thought about selling it as if it were a business.
Either they don't want to sell or they don't know how to price or... they think you are a noob and they are trying to squeeze the maximum out of you.
I know of some guy who had the opportunity to sell a network of websites for low $$$ $$$ (!) back in 1999 (before the bubble).
He didn't. He would have ceased to exist without it :greendead:
I am sure there are other people like him.

LeeRyder

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
mm, it's even worse to have a profitable site/domain and get crap offers:

Yesterday I got a sedo offer on a domain making me roughly $45/day avg thats developed..
dude offers $100, I counter with $10.5K... guy has the nuts to then come back with a counter offer of...$100 saying this same exact bid as his original is his final offer.

I just cancel negotiations when it gets like that... why waist my time with petty offers that are obviously not genuinly fair?

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Makes you wonder if anyone has created a middle-finger smiley yet. I would think domainers would pay good money for that.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thing was.. it wasn't about price.. it was about proof of stats , referrers ... The guy didn't want to show it , oh well .. he lost some good money , and wasted a good 1 - 2 weeks of my time

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom