Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The .in-side story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I found those in-teresting .in registrations - notice the time stamps.

sex.in Created On:16-Feb-2005 06:30:17 UTC
internet.in Created On:16-Feb-2005 06:30:18 UTC
computer.in Created On:16-Feb-2005 06:30:19 UTC
usa.in Created On:16-Feb-2005 06:30:21 UTC

The last 3 by the same person. He missed sex.in by 1 second. I wonder what other names he grabbed.

a2zofb2b

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
I found those in-teresting .in registrations - notice the time stamps.

sex.in Created On:16-Feb-2005 06:30:17 UTC
internet.in Created On:16-Feb-2005 06:30:18 UTC
computer.in Created On:16-Feb-2005 06:30:19 UTC
usa.in [/B] Created On:16-Feb-2005 06:30:21 UTC

The last 3 by the same person. He missed sex.in by 1 second. I wonder what other names he grabbed.

Interestingly the Sponsoring Registrar is InterNetX GmbH .
In addition InterNetX got
BUSINESS.IN Created On:16-Feb-2005 06:30:21 UTC
CREDITCARD.IN Created On:16-Feb-2005 06:30:31 UTC

Wondering, whether InterNetX GmbH had any pre-registration process and allowing only 1 person to pre-register a domain, unlike directi.

friday

Half way there :)
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
InterNetX GmbH won hands down. They were excellent, wish I knew about them, and would love to know they did to set themselves apart. Apart from the names already mentioned, they acquired the majority of the top 100 keywords on my list and they assigned ownership the same day. Does anyone know how much each registration cost, fixed fee or auction style prior to release with Internext was?

Unfortunatley I pre-regged with Directi, what a disaster. Directi has been a total flop. As of today they still haven't decided what to do with the names. Intervention will now be required by the registry, www.registry.in, to sort the problem out as Directi do not have not ability to sort it out and whatever they do now would seem to lack transparency and fairness. What was going to be a huge winfall has turned into a huge pr disaster for them. They should have at least consulted with the registry prior to domains being released to propose what they anticpated doing to avoid the resulting mess.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
He missed sex.in by 1 second.
LOL! Sex is ALWAYS good, no matter where on earth, or more to the topic, which TLD. :-D

a2zofb2b

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
friday said:
InterNetX GmbH won hands down. They were excellent, wish I knew about them, and would love to know they did to set themselves apart. Apart from the names already mentioned, they acquired the majority of the top 100 keywords on my list and they assigned ownership the same day. Does anyone know how much each registration cost, fixed fee or auction style prior to release with Internext was?

Unfortunatley I pre-regged with Directi, what a disaster. Directi has been a total flop. As of today they still haven't decided what to do with the names. Intervention will now be required by the registry, www.registry.in, to sort the problem out as Directi do not have not ability to sort it out and whatever they do now would seem to lack transparency and fairness. What was going to be a huge winfall has turned into a huge pr disaster for them. They should have at least consulted with the registry prior to domains being released to propose what they anticpated doing to avoid the resulting mess.
InterNetX infrastructure and subnet connection must have been working as promised by Afilias during the initial hours of registration.
InterNetX Seems to have some relationship with Afflias .
Heard that it partly own Afilias (not sure/confirmed).

Afilias messed big time with some of the Directi subnet connections.
Inspite of this DirectI has got some great Domain Names.
Hopfully they will decide on the a distribution startegy.

I went with DirectI preregistration because of their experience drop catching for Pool.com & Snapname.com

Can't understand German so InterNetX was not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom