Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The lack of moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
With the forum upgrade to 3.6.1 there are additional issues:

1. The "For Sale" forums limitation to 1 thread per 24 hours is gone. Already several people abuse it repeatedly.

2. Domains are not listed in the title of the thread. Even members old enough to know better don't seem to bother. That's because the feature is gone as well.

3. Several Platinum members somehow circumvent the image in signature limitation that is reserved only for Exclusive members. That's one of the reasons I paid the $400 smackeroos, to stand out if I had to.

4. Moderation is very very slow when it comes to stopping and reprimanding: tire-kickers, lowballers, sales thread spoilers, shameless thread bumpers, trolls and abusers of rules - along with banning scammers. In sales threads neither negative nor positive remarks should be tolerated. People post in sales threads as if they were appraisals!

5. Wanted ad starters don't bother to post once in a blue moon in their thread, remarking about the endless offers. It's an insult to those that take their time to filter the domains that meet the specifications of the thread starter, only never to hear from again. In particular, those that request PM's are notorious for not responding. It's a bad practice, shows lack of courtesy and lack of professionalism.

We need some stricter moderation.

Upvote 0

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with you Acroplex! There is simply too much blatant disregard for the rules that enable smooth business on this forum esp. sales threads!

I

impactadmin

Sorry for the inconvenience. We had to purge all sig images due to a loophole that let oversized, animated, and other usergroup images to be uploaded. The hole is sealed. Limitations are 200x60, 20KB, no animated. Thanks

Other issues being worked on.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Will signature images be set to link to our sites? That was a major reason why I paid for the exclusive upgrade. The default signature image method in vBulletin 3.6.1 does not link to anything. If that feature has been taken out then Exclusive loses a huge draw..

BTW, the hole you speak of is the fact that vBulletin allows signature images by default now. For a while exclusives were showng both methods, although the old method is much better than the way vBulletin does it by default now..

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
4. Moderation is very very slow when it comes to stopping and reprimanding: tire-kickers, lowballers, sales thread spoilers, shameless thread bumpers, trolls and abusers of rules - along with banning scammers. In sales threads neither negative nor positive remarks should be tolerated. People post in sales threads as if they were appraisals!
We need some stricter moderation.

slow? Moderation is non existing at all right now. Also we cant even sell a name on the forum anymore because of all the rule breakers posting 24 domains for sale in the same day and bumping there old sales. Also the Domains Wanted section is useless .. its full of threads being bumped that are 5 years old.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, it's really really bad.... my biggest pet peeve now is the face that in the wanted section there are post with 50-170+ replies with not a single response from the thread starter and the bumping of old threads as stated above.

Oh where o where has the moderators gone... oh where oh where can they be?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with all, and losing scorpio today as mod does not help either.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Expect an announcement very soon.

It's in the final stages of discussion.

Please feel free to PM me any concerns that you feel are not being addresses in the meantime.

-=DCG=-

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with all, and losing scorpio today as mod does not help either.

:noidea: Agree too.

Really sad! :cry_smile:

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don´t understand why to close the ´I resign´ post from scoprio....

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just noticed that too... guess they don't want a lynch mob forming.... But in any event, it's def sad to see him go and I'm sure Adam is working expeditously to get all these problems taken care of and I'm sure he's given all complaints their due diligence

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new admins will be announced later today and will take care of most of these issues.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom