Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The mass confusion....maybe someone can help me with a few easy questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstar

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, I have domains that I bought YEARS ago and just recently started looking into parking them, since they are just honestly just hanging out until I get the motivation to do something with them.

When I see people talking about "build it and they will come" are you talking about adding a parked page/widget or developing some sort of custom site with content?

If anyone wants to be an awesome person and lead me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Domain Summit 2024

dstar

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
but with no real promo etc and just using seo/content does it really generate any traffic at all?

Denny501

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe it is "build it, point traffic toward it and they will come"...There are lots of reasons to develop a domain name. Building a site you may sell in the future, or building a site with a domain to create PR (page rank) at google to increase your domains value. I have found building page rank is profitable if you also have a domain with age. Building page rank doesn't happen over night either. You need to "nurture" a domain while building page rank you cant just let it set. Links, articles, submitting to search engines are all time consuming, but will pay off down the line.

When I first started buying domain names I had about 500--600 and about 50 of them as I look back were of any value. I do have some parked domain now, but that is pretty much nickel and dime. I keep domains parked that at least pay for the years registration on them, some do better than others. How you set the domain up in catogory will make it or break it sometimes when parking it....hope this helps and good luck.

dstar

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe it is "build it, point traffic toward it and they will come"...There are lots of reasons to develop a domain name. Building a site you may sell in the future, or building a site with a domain to create PR (page rank) at google to increase your domains value. I have found building page rank is profitable if you also have a domain with age. Building page rank doesn't happen over night either. You need to "nurture" a domain while building page rank you cant just let it set. Links, articles, submitting to search engines are all time consuming, but will pay off down the line.

When I first started buying domain names I had about 500--600 and about 50 of them as I look back were of any value. I do have some parked domain now, but that is pretty much nickel and dime. I keep domains parked that at least pay for the years registration on them, some do better than others. How you set the domain up in catogory will make it or break it sometimes when parking it....hope this helps and good luck.

Very helpful, but you should know that it just opens things up for more questions :)

So, say I build a site with a good domain name and page rank. Would i look to something like adsense for profit? is there any tips for generating content or is this something that I am going to have to do on my own?

Sorry to blast everyone with noobie questions, but ive been reading for hours and hours now and I find a lot of information somewhat misleading.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In a nutshell:
You can use Wordpress (or any other CMS) on one of your domains and publish some quality content. Content can be generated either by yourself or by hiring a writer. For a few dollars, you can have a 500 word article. Make sure your article contains keywords. There are many adsense plugins for wordpress that are easy to install and there are also free themes available.
In the beginning, don't worry about pagerank, backlinks are much more important.

dstar

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
excellent...thanks everyone for your advice and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Days till Domain Summit

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom