Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The most important thing you can do to promote your website:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have all been told many times, by people far wiser than ourselves, that patience is a virtue. However, when website development is concerned, patience quickly develops into a requirement for success. You can be the best web designer around, have great content and features on your website and promote it like crazy, but when it's all said and done, time is your best friend of all.

Patience when attempting to profit from the internet is necessary in many places. First, don't expect your brand new website to start getting 5000 visitors per day in its first week of existence. Search engines take time to list new websites and then even longer to rank them decently. Submitting to websites like Digg can help speed up this process, but there are really no tricks to getting Google to rank your new site highly. It also takes people a while to start talking about your site, which means you can forgot about word-of-mouth advertising in the first couple weeks of your site's life as well. Links also take weeks, months and sometimes even years to build up, adding to the lack of early growth most websites endure. These are all sources of possible frustration.

Don't be discouraged by the lack of success early on. Some programs claim you can make millions overnight, but this is never accurate. Several of the best products (which I feature on this site) do allow you to make your projects profitable more quickly, but also require you to learn some techniques before this can happen. The most miserable failures occur when developers abandon websites with lots of potential too quickly because they haven't achieved immediate success.

This also happens with advertising campaigns and monetization strategies: if your current system is not giving you the results you expected, don't make a pile of panicked changes. Traffic and revenue usually comes in waves and as such, quickly moving away from one particular strategy may cause you to miss the next big wave. Think of it this way: most websites and other online ventures can stay profitable for many years. If it was always quick and effortless to generate large amounts of profit over the internet, competition would be so fierce that only the very best could survive. In reality, the majority of your “competitors” leave the arena well before the match has ended. Often you can defeat your opponents simply by sticking around and continuing to work efficiently. In the off-line world, patience is an important quality; on the internet, it's essential.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great read...

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Daniel,

Thanks for the awesome post. I can't tell you how many times I get frustrated and sell a site for cheap when it has a lot of potential.

Keep up the great work.

-jdk

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow, I'm enjoying these responses to my articles :)

Maybe I'll write some more...

Thanks guys!

Nolz91

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice post GT. I have read other fyi articles you have posted here and they were very informitive also.

To those of us that are still new in this industry this type of advice is encouraging!

just my two cents....

zangief

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes time is the answer , I have seen a forum post about a sites sale , the owner could not sold it that time to 500 usd (it was in sandbox), and the site has been sold to 20000 usd after 1.5 years :)

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow, I'm enjoying these responses to my articles :)

Maybe I'll write some more...

Thanks guys!

You've actually been Missing in Action D, it's been a while since I've scene one of your post... but def a good read

To add my 2 cents... It comes down to highly targeted marketing.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very Nice article GT when is the next coming lol may be with a few tips and tricks heheh

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom