Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale The New Domain Goldrush - Newly Available Snapnames Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickjohn

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow the Snapnames subscription on the list of domains below will expire. Maybe if some of you out there have some recycled snapbacks lying around doing nothing, you might want to try to get these. Most of the domains on the list have expiration dates before 12/31/2002, however some of them may have been renewed since I last checked; thus it might be a good idea to do a whois before buying a snapback. It hardly makes sense to pay $69 for a 1-year snapback on a domain that is registered until 2009.

1G.COM
AVF.COM
BNS.COM
BV.COM
C7.COM
DG.COM
EF.COM
GP.COM
I7.COM
JC.COM
LF.COM
ND.COM
PN.COM
SJ.COM
UH.COM
V2.COM
V8.COM
WL.COM

I have more expiring in the next few weeks, so if anyone appreciated this list, let me know and I will continue to post new lists.

** It would be funny if this post started a new type of domain rush, where people try to predict when snapnames actually releases expired snapbacks. :eek:

Maybe Snapnames should make another of those wonderfully detailed domain drop deletion cycle process charts like the one at Snapnames Deletion Cycle Chart

***If you found this post useful, please feel free to donate some domain bucks. I desparately need to lose the "newbie" moniker next to my nickname. Thx :cool:

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Trickjohn, thanks for sharing your list – you certainly have some great names on SnapBack.

A couple of suggestions that may be useful...A while back I noticed that most of my SnapBacks were not as well organized as they could be, so I spent some time to reshuffle them so that the SnapBacks that were expiring first were matched with domain names that would delete first, and so on.

This isn’t as easy as it sounds and takes a bit of planning, but the end results are worth it. The only drawback is that in the interval that you are shuffling the SnapBacks around, by chance someone else could grab the SnapBack, so some care is needed.

Also, I never let a SnapBack subscription expire. When a registrant renews a domain name that I have an about-to-expire SnapBack on it (that is, say in a month ot two), I then exchange the SnapBack onto one of my own non-NSI domain names that is about to expire and delete, and let SnapNames grab my own name when it drops.

I have used this with success to renew a number of my own non-NSI domain names using an about-to-expire SnapBack sub, thus saving on renewal fees.

But this only works if your domain name is not of great interest to many others, otherwise some superfast scripter out there could grab your deleting name before SnapNames.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trickJohn

Thanks for the list. I'd be interested in expired snaps as well.

I find that Snapnames isn't very good at 2 or 3 letter snaps, or premium names for that matter. Seems like the script guys always get those. My snaps are regularly foiled by these guys to the tune of about 3 or 4 a day. I'd be interested in other second tier names though. Us little dudes will take the scraps. Doc

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>fizz: I have used this with success to renew a number of my own non-NSI domain names using an about-to-expire SnapBack sub, thus saving on renewal fees.

Are you saying that your SnapBack subscription rate is actually lower than that of renewing a domain?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
>fizz: I have used this with success to renew a number of my own non-NSI domain names using an about-to-expire SnapBack sub, thus saving on renewal fees.

Are you saying that your SnapBack subscription rate is actually lower than that of renewing a domain?

LOL, not all all nameslave, I transferred all my names away from NSI years ago :laugh:

What I'm saying is that when a SnapBack subscription expires, it disappears and is worthless. By allowing one of my own domain names to drop and catching it with that almost dead SnapBack means I make good use of the SB and save a renewal fee.

I use it on those domain names that are OK names but which I can't quite decide whether to renew or not for another year. I guess we all face that dilemma!

So in the example above of 18 SnapBacks expiring tomorrow, I would earlier have positioned those SBs to renew 18 of my own domain names = a saving of $180.

D

DomainNameFactory

Saving $180?? I'm confused...the cost of 18 snaps would be well over $180..right??

B

blob2

Where did you get that list? I dont see the option on snapnames to search for about to expire snaps...

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainNameFactory
Saving $180?? I'm confused...the cost of 18 snaps would be well over $180..right??

Indeed DomainNameFactory. But after a year a $69 SnapBack will expire if it hasn't successfully been used to catch a dropping name.

So I'm saying that in the weeks just before the SnapBack becomes absolutely worthless after a year, use it to renew one of your own domain names.

SnapNames obviously hopes people won't do this because taking the above example of 18 SBs that expire tomorrow, they get to keep all of the $69 spent on each SB. Use it to renew 18 domain names and they pay 18 x registration fees.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by blob2
Where did you get that list? I dont see the option on snapnames to search for about to expire snaps...

blob2 there isn't a search option for such. The above names are those that trickjohn has held SnapBacks on but the SnapBacks are expiring tomorrow and he's been kind enough to let other members know about them so that they can put SBs on if they're fast enough.

trickjohn

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, since I do not have any domains about to expire (amd thus cannot use the about-to-expire snapbacks to renew a name I already own), I can actually RELEASE the snapback on these names to the highest bidder.....IN DNF BUCKS!!!! :D

The highest bidder gets to get insider info as to when I release the snapback. Then he can be the first to actually put the new snapback on it.

Its worth a shot for someone with a few spare snapbacks hanging around (or some unneeded cash).

All I want out of the deal is some DNF bucks.

Any takers?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's a neat idea to earn some DNF bucks trickjohn.

I haven't looked closely into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if a SnapBack that is just about to expire - such as those you have in your portfolio - should in fact be able to be used to register a brand new domain name ;-)

D

dkny

well, i believe you should use that to reg 18 new names. don't wasted it.

T

tmrich

Hey,
I actually just became a newbie and I am not sure how those dollars work to pay you with. I'm thinking of possibly starting an account at snapback.com but every good name seems taken. If you could even give me one good name that hasn't expired yet or been renewed, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom