Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The new Netsol Certified Offer service good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

I paid a non-refundable upfront $19 for Netsol to contact the owner of a domain I have been eyeing to test out the service. Notice there is a 5% commission on the sale.

Anyone having luck with the service?

Corwin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i m wating for the check, but they seems efficient so far.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just sold a name through the service to and am waiting on my check only been a couple days.

No complaint wth the service at this point, I sold a name that I wasn't doing much with and got a
very good price for it. Service is good as I understand they prequalify offers as well. But this is from
the seller's side...Mole I would be interested in your experience as a buyer.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am in the same situation as izoot. Everything is going smoothly so far.

I understand that the payment is by cheques within three weeks of the payment (or transfer). I have great difficulty processing UK cheques and hope they can wire.

One slight "quirk" is that they seem to be transferring the domain name to a Net Sol account in my name first, rather than transferring to a holding account in their name, or direct to the purchaser.

M

mole

izoot said:
Mole I would be interested in your experience as a buyer.

My offer of $1,000 just got rejected today after 3 days :-( But yes, they prequalified, pre-charged my card for that amount too, bludy nonsense. Since it is a debit card, the money is wiped off my debit for 7-10days.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it was rejected. You could always counter :)
Ya I ca see where a debit card would be a pain. But with normal
credit card shouldn't pose an issue.

From a sellers perspective its cool that offers are prequalified,
and that the buyers are at least serious enough to pay $19 to
make the offer and pick up the sales fee. So more for the seller.

I think people will still make low ball offers ( why start high? ) but
at least they are commited enough to drop a few bucks to try.

Thanks for the feedback...I'll post when I close and let ya'll know
how smoothly it goes.

z

M

mole

izoot said:
I think people will still make low ball offers ( why start high? ) but at least they are commited enough to drop a few bucks to try.

True, zoot. I was testing if that admin contact email was still alive and not sure if the emails to the registrant was just being eaten up by a spam filter or something since they never repled. Thought an email from Netsol might wake them up. Well, now maybe its because of a low-ball. :-D

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope it wasn't a .com mole ;)

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
True, zoot. I was testing if that admin contact email was still alive and not sure if the emails to the registrant was just being eaten up by a spam filter or something since they never repled. Thought an email from Netsol might wake them up. Well, now maybe its because of a low-ball. :-D

mole said:

I think for names like you are talking about ( mail never returned ) its a good idea with names your serious about. Theres a few I have considered trying this for, and if just one responded and went through it would be well worth the $19. I think way too many of our offers are being filtered these days.

As to being lowball...$1000 is not a terrible place to start. I see way too many " Well I see your not using the name .. I will be good enough to offer $10 for it" . So who knows, with
the number of people farming mail for names ... we're lucky anyone answers at all ... ever.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
......since it is a debit card, the money is wiped off my debit for 7-10days.

I recently learned the hard way (large amount of money involved for almost 30-days!!) to never use a debit card for anything which checks for product price credit confirmation as it seems to actually take the money from the debit card acct immidiately rather then upon shipment as with a normal credit card.

Also, yes, it is amazing how few buyers reply and some who do, simply say no, and do not even bother to make a counter-offer. That happens both at the forums and emails sent via Whois. Sometime I may offer say $300 but really willing to go to $500., the seller perhaps wants $700 but may go down to $500. However, we never come to a deal as the seller is too dumb, insulted or lazy to make a counter-offer. I fear this will happen with the NetSol Certfied Offer service too, of which I just used for the first time today.

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
I recently learned the hard way (large amount of money involved for almost 30-days!!) to never use a debit card for anything which checks for product price credit confirmation as it seems to actually take the money from the debit card acct immediately rather then upon shipment as with a normal credit card.

Also, yes, it is amazing how few buyers reply and some who do, simply say no, and do not even bother to make a counter-offer. That happens both at the forums and emails sent via Whois. Sometime I may offer say $300 but really willing to go to $500., the seller perhaps wants $700 but may go down to $500. However, we never come to a deal as the seller is too dumb, insulted or lazy to make a counter-offer. I fear this will happen with the NetSol Certified Offer service too, of which I just used for the first time today.
I have learned to accept Paypal only and take the hit upfront when paid. I will just add in the fees accordingly when pricing my domains. I have been took a few times so I will not be taken again by anyone. No matter who they are. Or I will take a check by mail and then I will wait till it clears the bank. Even cashiers checks can be forged. Or the big sales - they can fly here with the cash or I will meet them at the bank somewhere. near here of course. No pay no play with me from now on. Am I bitter? Nope just cautious next time.Well I got that off my chest, - I feel better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom