Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The New TLDs and SEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The DomainNameWire had an excellent post earlier today on SEO and the new TLDs. I encourage you to read it – it does a good job of giving a low down on the SEO issues associated with these new TLDs. Specifically, existing brands will face the problem of transferring authority from existing domains to these [...]

More...

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I’m afraid this won’t be the case. I’m afraid we’ll see .brand domains ranking higher for generic queries than other gTLDs. If this happens, it would be most unfortunate and would destroy the internet as we know it. Google must ensure a level playing field for all websites, regardless of their association with larger brands.

Im sure this will happen with .xxx , adult related words with xxx will get preferential ranking. IMHO

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can see this happening with .xxx domains (even though Matt Cutts has stated outright that it won't be so...Google often works in mysterious ways). It is a good filter that tells Google automatically if a site should be screened for adult content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom