Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

The Next American President..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who will it be? Feedback solicited.. it just might be the Jewish Liberman.. details below:

JOE LIEBERMAN was born in Stamford, Connecticut on February 24, 1942, and attended public schools there. He received his bachelor's degree from Yale College in 1964 and his law degree from Yale Law School in 1967. Lieberman was elected to the Connecticut State Senate in 1970 and served there for ten years, including the last six as Majority Leader. In 1980, he returned to private legal practice for two years, and from 1982 to 1988, he served as Connecticut's 21st Attorney General. As Attorney General he took on illegal toxic waste dumpers, went after deadbeat dads by strengthening child support enforcement, and earned a strong reputation as a defender of consumers' rights.

Lieberman was first elected to the United States Senate in 1988, scoring the nation's biggest political upset that year by a margin of just 10,000 votes. Six years later, he made history by winning the biggest landslide victory ever in a Connecticut Senate race, drawing 67 percent of the vote and beating his opponent by more than 350,000 votes. In 2000, Lieberman was elected by another overwhelming margin to a third term.

Lieberman is Ranking Member and former Chairman of the Senate Governmental Affairs Committee, which is responsible for assuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the Federal Government. In addition, he is a member of the Environment and Public Works Committee and Ranking Member of its Subcommittee on Clean Air, Wetlands and Private Property; of the Armed Services Committee, where he is Ranking Member of the Subcommittee on AirLand Forces and sits on the Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities; and of the Small Business Committee.

Lieberman is also a past Chairman of the Democratic Leadership Council (DLC), which is "an idea center, catalyst, and national voice for a reform movement that is reshaping American politics by moving it beyond the old left-right debate." The DLC, like Lieberman, advances public policy that honors the core American values of responsibility, opportunity, and community.

Lieberman's accomplishments include:

Strengthening National Security

Leading the fight to establish a Department of Homeland Security to protect America from terrorist attack;
Securing funding to strengthen and modernize America's military forces;
Sponsoring the 2002 resolution authorizing the use of force against Saddam Hussein's brutal regime in Iraq and co-authoring the 1991 Gulf War Resolution;
Creating an independent citizens commission to investigate the September 11th attacks;
Co-authoring legislation to broaden America's offensive against terrorism to include a wide range of economic, political, and diplomatic tools to assist moderate Muslims throughout the world;
Co-sponsoring the International Religious Freedom Act to promote the right to worship freely across the globe; and
Rallying support in Congress to stop the genocidal slaughter in Bosnia and Kosovo.
Expanding Economic Growth

Leading the effort to postpone the most expensive and least effective parts of the Bush tax cut and replace them with pro-growth tax cuts and investments that create jobs, spur innovation, and keep the budget in balance;
Promoting new funding for vital research and development in science and technology to expand opportunities and improve the quality of life for all Americans;
Cutting capital gains taxes to spur new investment in American businesses;
Improving investor confidence by vigorously enforcing the law and encouraging effective self-regulation by the markets themselves; and
Calling for tax incentives and other tools to seed the growth of key innovation industries, including the high-speed Internet, nanotechnology, and biotechnology sectors.
Improving Education

Authoring landmark education reform legislation that will dramatically increase funding for disadvantaged students, give states and local districts greater flexibility in targeting their resources, set tough accountability standards to demand results, and provide more support for teachers;
Expanding educational options for parents by boosting funding for charter schools;
Increasing access to student loans and federal financial aid-and focusing federal funding on not only getting students into college, but getting them a diploma and a job; and
Creating education IRAs to help families save for college.
Protecting the Environment

Resisting the Bush Administration's attempts to gut key protections that keep our air clear, our water pure, and our treasured natural places unscathed;
Devising creative, market-based solutions to reduce pollution and slow global warming;
Fighting to focus American innovation on developing clean, plentiful, and affordable new energy sources that reduce our dependence on oil and protect precious places like the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska for future generations;
Creating Connecticut's first national park at Weir Farm and working to designate the Coltsville property in Hartford as a national park; and
Promoting national wildlife refuges along the Connecticut River and the Sound coastline.
Reforming Government

Awakening the SEC and other public watchdogs, which failed miserably to protect employees and shareholders from Enron's collapse, to their duty to aggressively enforce the law and make our markets fair for ordinary American investors;
Authoring the first major campaign finance law to pass in a generation, which closed a loophole that allowed political organizations to raise and spend money in secret;
Winning passage of the Congressional Accountability Act, which makes Congress live by the same laws it applies to the nation;
Exposing government waste, such as the federal contracts that paid 67 cents a page for photocopying services and $69 an hour for security guards; and
Authoring the first comprehensive "e-government" law to make government more accessible and responsive to Americans and improve the efficiency of federal services using the Internet.
Strengthening Communities

Supporting local police officers, firefighters, and emergency medical technicians by providing them with additional resources, better training, and more timely and reliable intelligence about terrorist threats;
Co-sponsoring the landmark 1994 Crime Bill and winning funding to put more cops on the beat in Connecticut and throughout the nation;
Creating Enterprise Zones to stimulate investment and rebuild America's cities;
Supporting sweeping welfare reform legislation, which is moving millions of Americans from dependency to self-sufficiency, and highlighting the importance of engaging fathers in the lives of their families;
Helping low-income families save for the future and build economic security through Individual Development Accounts; and
Fighting for common-sense gun safety laws.
Protecting Common Values

Leading the fight to promote better partnership between government and faith-based organizations so that those organizations have an equal opportunity to offer critical social services to those in need throughout America;
Co-authoring the V-chip law to give parents new tools to shield their children from offensive and harmful programs on television;
Pushing the video game industry to create a rating system to help parents make informed choices for their children;
Spurring new efforts to make the Internet safer for all users;
Raising awareness of the growing crisis of father absence and supporting grassroots efforts to promote responsible fatherhood;
Fighting discrimination in the workplace based on religious practices and sexual orientation; and
Helping communities fight drug and alcohol abuse with smarter education, law enforcement, and treatment programs.
In addition to his work in Washington, Lieberman is proud of his success in cutting through government red tape to help tens of thousands of his Connecticut constituents -- recovering lost Social Security checks, securing long-overdue military medals, obtaining life-saving medical treatment, winning approval for small business loans, and delivering desperately-needed disaster relief. Lieberman is also proud of his close connection to the people of Connecticut, which he maintains in part through his well-known visits to diners around the state. To date Lieberman has visited more than 100 local eateries, where his constituents have a "cup of joe" with Joe and Lieberman gets an unfiltered taste of their concerns and views.
He is the author of six books: The Power Broker (1966), a biography of the late Democratic Party Chairman, John M. Bailey; The Scorpion and the Tarantula (1970), a study of early efforts to control nuclear proliferation; The Legacy (1981), a history of Connecticut politics from 1930-1980; Child Support in America (1986), a guidebook on methods to increase the collection of child support from delinquent fathers; In Praise of Public Life (2000), a spirited defense of public life that draws on personal experience; and An Amazing Adventure (2003), a personal account, co-authored with his wife Hadassah, of the Liebermans' experiences on the vice-presidential campaign trail in 2000.

Lieberman lives in New Haven and Washington with his wife Hadassah. They are the parents of four children, Matthew, Rebecca, Ethan, and Hana. They also have two granddaughters, Tennessee and Willie.

Domain summit 2024

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>TexasFilly: it just might be the Jewish Liberman..

Similarly, Gary Locke - the Washington State Governor - is a Chinese ...

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback folks..

Personally, I believe Lieberman will be voted in...
and based on his background.. I have no reservations regarding Lieberman for president..

matter of fact, you can nearly behold this as the truth// it will happen..

don't be too harsh on me.

Knowledge IS wisdom.. bottom line..

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
>TexasFilly: it just might be the Jewish Liberman..

Similarly, Gary Locke - the Washington State Governor - is a Chinese ...
no denying the truth..

but truth is.. this chinaman will not become a usa prez.. ever. never.. will this usa vote in a chinese citizen to brecome an usa leader..

won't happen.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TexasFilly

no denying the truth..

but truth is.. this chinaman will not become a usa prez.. ever. never.. will this usa a chinese citizen ever become an usa eader..

won't happen.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TexasFilly

no denying the truth..

but truth is.. this chinaman will not become a usa prez.. ever. never.. will this usa a chinese citizen ever become an usa leader..

won't happen.

O

onewordnames

No Offense Is Intended By This Post !!!

The majority of americans swear they are not racist.

i would love to see a man with african-american or hispanic roots get elected.. let the people put their votes where their mouths are !

just my opinion

i also recommend electing ziggy marley :D

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by onewordnames
No Offense Is Intended By This Post !!!

The majority of americans swear they are not racist.

i would love to see a man with african-american or hispanic roots get elected.. let the people put their votes where their mouths are !

just my opinion

i also recommend electing ziggy marley :D

I think Colin Powell would make a great leader. He's afro/american.. and he'de make a great leader as well.

edisaacson

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no way that Lieberman will win the Democratic nod let alone the presidency. To many , he was the downfall of the Gore ticket in 2000. He lacks charisma, a solid voting record or strong allies in the House or Congress. Unfortunately, It looks like the Democrats have anyone strong enough to take on Bush, who most likely will have an approval rating in the mid 40's by the time the election comes around.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by edisaacson
There is no way that Lieberman will win the Democratic nod let alone the presidency. To many , he was the downfall of the Gore ticket in 2000. He lacks charisma, a solid voting record or strong allies in the House or Congress. Unfortunately, It looks like the Democrats have anyone strong enough to take on Bush, who most likely will have an approval rating in the mid 40's by the time the election comes around.

Frankly, I like what I read about this man:

US Senator Joe Lieberman -- Electronic Media/Cultural Values
Lieberman, Kohl Praise Video Game Rating System - Release 11.9.99. ... Lieberman,
McCain Introduce National Youth Violence Commission Act - Release 05/11/99. ...
www.senate.gov/member/ct/lieberman/general/tvrate.html - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

edisaacson

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Filly,

I appreciate that you like that he's trying to tell America what they should watch or listen to, but would you really want this person in control of your whole country. I can only picture items in the supermarket coming with an arbitrary rating system whether these goods are "OK" for you to use. He's tried to take parenting away from the parents.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lieberman wasnt the downfall of the Gore ticket, Gore was. Gore was wooden and cold, he had far less charisma than Lieberman showed. In recent times Gore has let his personality show through, but too little too late!

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by edisaacson
Filly,

I appreciate that you like that he's trying to tell America what they should watch or listen to, but would you really want this person in control of your whole country. I can only picture items in the supermarket coming with an arbitrary rating system whether these goods are "OK" for you to use. He's tried to take parenting away from the parents.
edi

why would his leadership be as negative? Share your thoughts so I can discern your opinion, which I am very interested in hearing.
Thankyou
Wanda May

edisaacson

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wanda May,

The last thing the American population would stand for is complete arbitrary regulation of major industry. Lieberman has the idea in his head that parents need government assistance in raising their children. SOme parents may welcome it, but the parents who don't are being given no choice in the matter. And I don't see him having any real leadership qualities. Connecticut yes, the whole country - no.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by draqon
Lieberman wasnt the downfall of the Gore ticket, Gore was. Gore was wooden and cold, he had far less charisma than Lieberman showed. In recent times Gore has let his personality show through, but too little too late!

You are correct..
Gore failure can not touch the profound Liberman.

I forsee Liberman as an u-p coming president of usa.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dragon:"In recent times Gore has let his personality show through, but too little too late!

I agree, after seeing Al on Letterman and hosting SNL, I think he missed his calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators