Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The nicest enquiry emails!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow...that's amazing some people are so unprofessional.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just like the ones that are sent from emails that contain "domainer" and are served by Yahoo / Google. That's like saying, can I rip you off Sir?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a company put an enquiry through on one of my parked domains using the parking company enquiry form. the form didn't work unless the minimum offer was $1000. in his comments, he said he just made the minimum offer to get through, and that he only wanted to offer $200.

also had another enquiry once from someone who owned a domain that had dropped, and I picked it up. only, it was five months after I got the domain that he emailed about it. the company administering his domain had forgot to renew it. I had bought the domain only because I liked it, didn't expect to hear from anyone. he wanted it back for cheap, because, "if the domain admin had done what they were supposed to, I would still have it". I told him that wasn't my problem. ended up selling it back for something like $1500.

one other one on a first name .ca, "if you ever don't want it anymore I'll give you $100 for it".

have never had someone be so rude as the example in the OP, usually people are ok even if my price is higher than they want to pay.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Crazy.

Along the same lines, we received unsolicited email from Paul Losson ([email protected]) asking about an LLL.com. After refusing to disclose an asking price he went on a rampage and called me a "little prick"! How do these people ever expect to be successful acting this way?!

iestates

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
received one from Paul too. he wasn't rude, but wouldn't tell me anything about who he was, so we stopped the thread.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suspect he's a 'drone' being paid by a domainer to go find leads.

ngconcepts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I always get the... "Since you aren't using it, can you transfer it to me?"... ya, right.. don't hold ur breath.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got one yesterday for a 10 yo 6 letter brandable (made up word) - must be through whois as the name isn't parked. I said to make an offer - he came back with something like 'throw a figure at me'. I told him he needs to be thinking £several thousand.

He replied with 'hahaha, you're a funny guy' etc.

In his first email he said 'do you want to relinquish it, or sell it'? And he thinks I'm the comedian? 'Er, yeah, I'll relinquish it dude'.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you have money, you don't need to pick up women.

They pick you up!

True, but not if you start out with,

Hey honey, how much to spend the night with you dipshit? lol

Adam

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea that's pretty terrible. I thought it always worked to people's favour to make a good 1st impression.

Skinny

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just recently had the old..."I'll give you $50, that's a 500% profit on your $10 registration cost"

I then replied with a simple..."Thanks and good luck with your business"

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The most obnoxious one I have gotten recently was,

I'll give you $100 for Cloud-Streams. That's the most a hyphenated domain name is worth.

This tone immediately told me it was another domainer. There was no offer, no inquiry, no negotiation. Just a belligerent, obnoxious tone.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just recently had the old..."I'll give you $50, that's a 500% profit on your $10 registration cost"

I then replied with a simple..."Thanks and good luck with your business"
If you have held the domain for ten years, you would in fact be selling at a loss :)
Some people don't even understand that.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or, from the movie Hall Pass...

You ladies must be from Ireland because ever since I saw you my dick is Dublin in size.

LOL!

I must now see this movie. You have persuaded me. Therefore, I will go out of my way to use your affiliate link, should you be able to benefit from the use of one in my spending money to see it ;)

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

August 2011, I get a phone call at about 1:00 in the morning. I'm on the phone with my best friend, and I hear the call waiting tone, and I'm getting a call from "Blocked caller".

I put him on hold. Then I proceed to pick up the phone as normal. This guy is mad as hell about something, starts talking about how "I just punched in *************.ca and it has your phone number on it, trying to sell it for $10,000! I've had this domain name for ten years!"

I tell him, I registered this domain name legally and I have all the paperwork to back it up.

"No, no, I don't care. I'm calling the police. I've got your number. You just wait, you'll get a call from the police in the morning!"

Never heard from the guy, or the police for that matter. It's a generic term. It's not going anywhere unless I get some dough for it.

So, I called my friend back, and we conspired as to how to make this sale happen faster. We had ideas to include the daily increase of price (i.e. log in and change it to $11,000 that day, $12,000 the next day and so on), or play virtual keep-away, where I transfer the domain to him, then he transfers it back to me, and we do this repeatedly.

I had to explain the 60 day transfer restriction to him, and ultimately I went ahead with neither. But the domain still gets a solid 100 type-ins per month, and it's a great dating term. I loved getting that call though, it's a story I love to tell people.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Just got this one today, out of the blue:

Of course I had to tell him the domain was absolutely free to anyone but him.

What's the weirdest enquiry email you received?

Here's how I'd respond to this clown...

"Well, I'm just a dipshit. How would I know how much I want for the domain?

You should make an offer, since you're obviously the brains between the two of us.

Being rather mentally inadequate, I have a tendency to be unable to read small numbers. So please make sure that any offer you make is at least four digits.

If you don't do this, then I won't be able to read your offer, and then you can't get the domain name. That would be horrible!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom