Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The One That Got Away ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain's that have got away from you in the past and have been sold on for a small fortune....

a) You forgot to renew.

b) You forgot about it in auction.

c) You got outbid i auction and wished you had bid more.

d) Seen a deal on a website like dnf or sedo but never acted on your insticts.

Name them names ?

Mine was roofrack.com which i forgot about in a GD drop auction and sold for just $121 which then sold on sedo less than 3 months later for $11.3K...

OUCH :-(

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a few- GSD.org - I dropped out at $1200 on the auction, it ended up at $1750. Today, I wish I bit that bullet. Laekenois.com - I dropped out at $300, it sold for $350. Today they are fully recognized with the AKC so that domain shot up in value (at least I own the .net)

Not being proactive enough with protecting my brand - I have dogactors.com / .org but forgot the .net :(

There are so many others that I try to register to see it already registered. When I check the WhoIs it's within a month or two.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ouch! Those hurt. (RunningShoes.com especially)

I'll resist the temptation to rant about domain bandits who watch Whois lookups and preemptively register the best of what you're checking on ... May they enjoy the money I've made them in Hell!

My regret? Everything everybody else ever registered prior to me learning about the domain industry last summer. What planet was I on?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't say I've owned or dropped a domain that I know went on to sell for a huge payday, but it's something I think about and dread. I'll just have to tell myself it's part of the game, which it is. If you are dropping/selling names that go on to get more, chances are you've kept some that will sell for the same or more too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom