Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The Power of Domains and Doing the Right Thing: Helping the Tsunami Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There has been much controversy among some about how to properly use tsunami-related domains during this terrible global disaster. And I would emphatically submit that there is ONLY one way to use tsuanami-related domains right now – and that is to help those in need. Period.

Hundreds of thousands of people have died.

Children have been left without families.

Innumerable people have lost EVERYTHING – their families, their possessions, and their hope.

It is hell on earth for many.

Some have died by suicide because of what happened.

I have received heartbreaking e-mails with my suicide prevention work from people who have been affected by the tsunami in some way. And I can tell you from reading those e-mails that many people are suicidal because of the tsunami.

The images that we see on the news are extremely disquieting.

Images of devastation and death.

And, for many, the worst is yet to come. The hell that they have gone through will manifest itself in various psychological disorders in the future, such as post-traumatic stress disorder and clinical depression.

Some people will die by suicide many years from now because of such disorders.

This hell is far from over.

Anyone with a heart can only think of one thing during this disaster – how to help those in need. Period.

And domainers who own tsunami-related domains can help in one of two ways:

1) Place a URL forward on ANY domain that is getting tsunami-related traffic. The URL forward can go to any of the reputable tsunami relief charities or tsunami relief charities information sites.

2) Sell a tsunami-related domain to someone who will use it to help those in need and DONATE 100% of the money earned to a tsunami relief charity.

I do not know how anyone can think “profit” with any tsunami-related domain.

MANY domainers have spoken out against using tsunami-related domains improperly or selling them for profit during this disaster.

And to EVERYONE who has spoken out against that type of action -- Thank you.

Thank you for posting and letting the moral truth resound.

Thank you for standing up for what is so obviously ethically correct.

Thank you for having the guts to say the right thing and to do the right thing.

And to those who auctioned domains and donated 100% of the money to a tsunami relief charity -- Thank you. Your actions are exemplary.

To those who participated in those auctions -- Thank you. Your actions are exemplary.

And to everyone who has visited TsunamiReliefCharities.com and then made a donation to a tsunami relief charity -- Thank you. You are the best. You not only understand, but you act. And that is ethics exercised at its highest level. You are paragons.

Take care,

Kevin Caruso

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kevin said:
There has been much controversy among some about how to properly use tsunami-related domains during this terrible global disaster. And I would emphatically submit that there is ONLY one way to use tsuanami-related domains right now – and that is to help those in need. Period.

I'm glad I got back on DNF at this late hour to find this thread. We know that virtually everything on earth can be used for both good and evil, and this is a chance to use this thing we call the internet for much needed good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom