Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The price of "pushing"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonJ

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When "pushing" a domain at the same registrar, but with a new registrant, does the registar typically charge a fee?

I mostly use Go Daddy and Domain Direct, but can't find an easy answer to the question.

Thx 4 reply

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not think there are any fees involved with internal registrant transfers on pretty much all registars unless you work with a registar/reseller such as GoDaddy/Blue Razor or Enom/RegFly.

Regards,

NW

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The a-holes at Godaddy lock your domain for 60 days if you do an internal transfer, and frequently simply refuse transfers to other registrars. If the domain expires within 90 days of an internal transfer, you WILL LOSE YOUR DOMAIN unless you pay up to Godaddy (got this directly from their tech support after losing a name!).

Bottom line: Do NOT deal with Godaddy, they will screw you over.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have heard horror stories about not able to transfer away from GoDaddy too; however, my own experience of getting most of them out seemed to have contradicted that. But then I don't want to go through the details of why I transferred my domains away in the first place. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom