Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The Price of Unwanted Ad Clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WOW! Very good read and definitely learned something (session based clicks).

I think if you watch the ads that appear on your own screen, you will notice this eventually. For instance, during a "session" last fall, I was searching for Adobe Creative Suite 5. And pretty heavily.

Even today, several months later, google is serving up ads for Adobe Creative Suite 5. This must be what these advertisers are complaining about...if I search for anything (tesla, electric cars, etc) I am still seeing ads (skyscraper and 250 x 250 boxes) for the Adobe Products. This would be a classic issue of these session based ads...something I searched for in the past is still being presented in ads. Obviously, google is not really putting a time limit on when I searched for a product during that "session".

Always happy to read about trends or topics, even if it does have a negative connotation.

And always happy to be able to reg a couple of names in the news (sessionbasedclicks dot com and sessionbasedads dot com). That's why reading is FUN(an)Damental.

Fun and Mental

Last edited:

nielsencl

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just found out about broad match session impressions and clicks and raised hell with Google about it. They insist that overall the advertiser gets good value. What I don't like is that they don't give you any choice, and in our case we can't tell if they provide any real value at all. Look for class action lawsuits and if it doesn't go away, being an option with the default of "off". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom