Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The RIGHT reserve price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infoproliferati

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
2 domains I submitted for an auction have been approved with a reserve of $5k each. I'm quite ecstatic no doubt. In the past I have submitted tons of domains which have all been rejected. Anyway, before I submitted the domains I was unsure what reserve price to pick. I went with my head and set 5k.

My gut tells me to go with a reserve between 7.5K and 15K. The reason is I would rather keep the domains than let them go really cheap. I picked up these domains as hand regs last week. Both were approved for auction in less than 15mins. This got me thinking about whether the reserve price was a little low.

I don't want to reveal the domains for privacy reasons. I know I haven't given much information about the domains. What would you do if you were in my shoes? Go with the 5k reserve or inquire if the reserve can be raised? I haven't agreed to any terms yet.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I would not raise my hopes too high. Nowadays, most domains are approved due to auction houses needing inventory. From my experience, only top notch domains sell when setting a reserve. There are still good domains offered in auctions but to sell you offer them without a reserve. Good luck!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
See it this way: your cost is reg fee. With that low of a cost you might as well remove the reserve. It's a positive sign that they approved a reserve of $5k but that's not an indication the price would even start that high.

Infoproliferati

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. I guess I'm apprehensive of feeling some sort of regret if I learn the domain sells cheap and could have gone for more. But then again no one really knows how much a domain will end up selling for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom