Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The rights to sell a Domain Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_n

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been looking after the answer on the threads, but nothing like this... Do we have the entire rights to sell a Domain Name? And when do we need to setup a kind of "company" to be able to send the 1000s :eyebrows: of domain we own? I live in France, and i don't know if the state would be happy to know bucks going away from them...

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course you have the right to sell your domains, they're you're own property, you can sell them just the same as you can sell anything you own.

... But! You are supposed to declaire to the government any income you are making. If this is $xx-$xxx a month then it probably won't matter, but if you are making $xxxx and not declairing it, you could get yourself in some real trouble...

d_n

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that's the kind of info i need!:whoo:
Correct me if i'm wrong: you have the right to sell a DN just the same way you would have bought an iPod or a Football T-shirt and don't want to use it anymore?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a good question actually. As far as I know, and strictly speaking, you only pay for tenure of a domain name. You don't actually OWN a name -- only rights to its tenure, and the ability to transfer that tenure as long as you renew it and it remains in "good standing" with the registrar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom