Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The rise of ccTLDs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bid - The only thing missing is the .us for the English version!

That is handled by a .com, perceived by the rest of the world as the "USA" country code.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNS Kidd
Bid - The only thing missing is the .us for the English version!

That is handled by a .com, perceived by the rest of the world as the "USA" country code.

Wrong..not now that .US is out !... see thats the beauty of this.. once .US is seen it is immediately representative of the USA...

.com was defacto because we didnt have a ccTLD that we could use.... your arguement held water last year..this year it leaks..next year everyone will be saying what I am saying now.

.US regs are coming from all over the world I have a list of major corporations already using .US..I will be showing the list in a few weeks at Duke's DN Journal...

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bid - Not only do I agree, I would love to see your info on corporate movement into the .us TLD.

The folks trying to grab union.us are a good example of a major corporation looking to move into .us, only this is at my expense, so I'm not too thrilled about it.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNS Kidd
Bid - Not only do I agree, I would love to see your info on corporate movement into the .us TLD.

The folks trying to grab union.us are a good example of a major corporation looking to move into .us, only this is at my expense, so I'm not too thrilled about it.

Here's a taste..

Kelly Services , a 4 Billion dollar corp.. they have the set-up I believe that will become the defacto "organization" of web sites by country/or extension if you will .

http://KellyServices.us nice hey..

thats great ..but the REAL interesting part is that part that makes you go "Oh yeah !" is how they are using their .Com

http://kellyservices.com

:D

I love that.. it gives .com it's credit as the extension with the most awareness (at this time anyways') and at the same time direct's their potential customers and clients instant access to direct county specific information using their ccTLDS....

This is what I have been saying for along time.. it isnt so much the fall of .com because .com should always retain value ...but it is going to shed a lot of exess registrations.. but thats not the point..

The point is to understand the RISE of the cctlds..and to PROFIT from that understanding..

from everyone's perspective...whether you are a company or a speculator..a lot of opportunity

Kelly Services is a beautiful example of a company that not only understands targeting their markets but is already ahead of the game..

Oh yeah..one last thing..

see the drop down menu on KellyServices.com go to "United States" and click.. up pops kellyservices.us

This is a major corporation that gets tens of thosands of visitors everyday.. this is just another example of how the rest of the world starts seeing .US as the official US extension..not .com

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow thats weird ..type inn kellyservices.com and am being redirected to the .US site !..

must be doing maintenance on .com..

check out .com later then...

Basically it is set a page with a bunch of countries flags.. you simply choose which flag (country")you are looking for work in or are looking for workers..
You are then taken to KellyServices.It or KellySerices.De or KellyServices.Be etc and Yes.. KellyServices.US

Content specific to country...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom