Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

The Search Is Bad

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree. I do like that it shows conversations though.

Domain summit 2024

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not sure why the search function on dnf went from good to so bad after website upgrade. it is a very important feature so i hope they would fix it in the near future.
don't think switching to xf alone is the reason for this.

dejanlesi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What are your searching for? Sometimes you can help yourself by using Google for search..

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there is an option to search by most relevant or more recent. choose most recent and you're problems are solved.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Indeed, it is ironic that you have to use google to get better search results from this forum.

In the past, google was already more efficient for certain types of search, but it can only index contents that is open to non-members.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
since upgrade on dnf i have noticed no posts can be read at all, not even partially. unless you're loggedin. and this even when the forum recognizes your ip address, mobile or not. makes the forum more exclusive but i do think the areas available to non-paying members and even some for the gold folks should be readable to all. googling subjects on dnf is pointless as you'll be directed to a page you can't read if you don't login. hope search on dnf can be once again at least as good as it was before upgrade!
--:rolleyes:

vital

FF
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google search doesn't help much. When I search for a keyword, I get a bunch of similar results, and all these take me just to a page of a forum, which was 5/5 times wrong. I'd prefer to be redirected into the particular thread.

Simon Byrne

Level 9
Reaction score
Can you also fix the pagination color Simon. It's hard to read the numbers when it's light color box and white font.

Of course, no problem at all. It will take me a few days to get around to fixing bugs but i have noted them and will do them this week.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators