Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

the ultimate trademark infringement and getting away with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

victornumber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
check out hifibitz.co.uk which is the original site and then hifibitz.com. It is the ultimate trademark infringement. advertising rival products, making logo same as trademark site and having an affiliate program directly from trademark site. wow....

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Maybe he has an agreement with the UK site. He's linking to them via an affiliate id. Either that, or he has huge balls :D

victornumber

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whois seems to be private and hifibitz is a multimillion dollar corporation and there are many chain stores all over UK so I doubt it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Well, he is using an affiliate id, therefore he doesn't seem concerned. Is the name tm'ed ?

victornumber

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is and it seems awfully similar especially the capitalization of the letters. I think its still a great deal though considering hifibitz let the .com expire and ended up selling at auction for $400. It would be interesting how this plays out though.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Wow then it's obvious they are fast asleep; however, you're right, this does not justify the .com holder's bravado.

victornumber

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
however, I do find it impressive the .com owners are able to build such a site in a few days and have terms of service and everything else together a ready to go.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
check out hifibitz.co.uk which is the original site and then hifibitz.com. It is the ultimate trademark infringement. advertising rival products, making logo same as trademark site and having an affiliate program directly from trademark site. wow....

no, i need to correct you, the ULTIMATE tm infringement is:

www.wipo.com :smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom