Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The Unofficial Newbie Guide to Success on dnforum

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_n

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like to start the "Unofficial Newbie Guide to Success on dnforum", from the title GT Web gave to his helpful thread, as i'm very happy with the useful info received throughout the few months being active here.
And i think that it might avoid a few headaches for some too...:sick:
  • READ the posts carefully, especially in the Domain Names Wanted section when the thread starter is asking to send your domain names offers via Private Messages only and not post hundreds of 'em into the thread...
  • Do not forget to put the name in the thread's title when selling your domains (when you are a Platinum member).
  • Do not come and say you know everything: 1st of all if you come here it's to get more useful info, whether you already know quite a bit or not. 2nd: you might think you know a bunch, but aready bought hundreds of so-so to really bad names, and you begin to think it's time to reconsider some parts... 3rd: you know, some people are really good domainers 'round here, long-time or young ones providing very informative posts. So keep it cautious when saying something, believing you're brilliant...
  • Don't low ball offers in the Offers Wanted section for dn that are obviously needing more funds, in order to keep your fellow domainers from cleaning their PM box and being upset...
  • Being rude brings you nothing more than getting bad reputation or eventually getting banned. It's all about sharing opinions, yours may be worth anothers one but please don't shout or don't be bitter: some of us might not know what you know. Keep the place in :peace: .
  • We are domainers from different countries, so the culture sometimes differs a lot. Keep that in mind too when there's something you don't understand about one's behaviour.
  • If you're not used to the F$: as Gold member you earn 2 dnf$ each time you post, or 3 dnf$ as Platinum. You can buy them to the VbPlaza for membership upgrading (you need 3500dnf$ to go Platinum) or trading stuff such as links for dnf$, domain names for dnf$, dnf$ donations… You may also earn by posting for other members who own a forum, and sometimes there is a contest.
  • Have a look at the dates: previous ones and 1st post on the thread to have a view on how long this thread is going on, and if it's relevant to add a comment for old threads.
It's been a real pleasure so far to get the precious info here at dnf, so let's keep it that way! May the Force be with you, young Jedi!
View also DNjet's "Few do's and don'ts for newbies" thread. Hope it helps! :wave:
I've just started this thread, and will come back to add some other recurring needs i watch allover dnf. Feel free to add your own lines here!

Luke

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Much appreciated Laurent !!

d_n

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're welcome, mate. Hope that it may help newcomers or steady visitors as well...

click

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice Advice!
Thank you

Click

olebean

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great advice even applicable to some existing mamber :clap2:

d_n

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Happy to share what i've been learning here...
Feel free to add your own constructive suggestions!

d_n

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
More info about dnf$ value added...

leonusst

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
good thread,very usefull for our newbies

Terminator

RR Media
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm a newbie and must say I agree with most of this post, I think its a misconception though to think that newbies come in with mediocre domains.

d_n

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think its a misconception though to think that newbies come in with mediocre domains.
We didn't say so, being a newbie here doesn't mean you're new at domaining. Many newbies come to get the "1st aid" kit, though. And many continue learning every single day...:yes:

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I did my internships during the summer I was also a newbie! There are newbies at doing everywhere!

Good work Laurent!

d_n

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Ian! Hope to hear a bit more from the old members as well...

d_n

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just added a few lines for posting on old thread's relevancy...

agile

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank-you for the tips and links.
All quite helpful. Certainly saved me some
time hunting for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom