Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The value of .COM domain with all the rest of extensions took.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've always had this asumption, but I don't know if it really make sense, nor in which exactly cases is not correct.

If I find a very good name, a commercial one and I want to buy the .Com from say BuyDomains or any reseller, I think, if the domains has all the extension taken by different persons and even some country code like (.WS, .CC, .TV, etc), then for sure, that's a valuable domain.

If however I found that the .ORG, .INFO. or .BIZ extensions are unregged, I don't think, in automatic mode, that domain would worth more than a thousands, just as a general rule.

What do you think ?

M

mole

I think that there is no correlation. If the other extensions are regged, then the .COM owner better be worried.

M

mole

lilian said:
the guy replyed me he can't afford the .com and he have just registerd all other extensions.

good negotiation strategy. :cheeky:

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that is one way some people use in appraising domains, that I certainly do not always agree with.
sure, for dictionary words that are popular, most extensions will be taken anyway.
but there are times, and there are markets in which the .com and maybe net/org are taken, yet the domain (.com) might be really valuable.
and the opposite.
I have seen terrible domains taken in many many extensions, and usually by, you guessed it, the same person, or the same team.
that gives the illusion that the domain is valuable, yet it isnt.
there is no simple rule to go by. you got to go by experience.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have seen terrible domains taken in many many extensions, and usually by, you guessed it, the same person, or the same team.
that gives the illusion that the domain is valuable, yet it isnt.

I agree, but what about when the other extensions were taken by different persons, yet those other extensions are immediatly taken at drop auctions ?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
roller coaster effect.
once they are taken in a few extensions, many assume they are 'great' domains and join the ride.
of course, there are always exceptions.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if the other extensions taken by different owners surely that will increase the value of .com in the eyes of .com owner and he will tend to overevaluate his name and won't release it for cheap lowball prices

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you own the .com and the other guy purchased all the other extensions, then the .com would (in his eyes) be more valuable.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not rocket science guys...if the other ext's are taken by different people, the .com becomes MORE valuable...how valuable depends simply on how much someone is willing to pay you for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom