Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infoproliferati

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone watch the walking dead? The best show on tv this year.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Best show" may be taking it a little too far. Even though I feel that the whole "zombie" thing is over done the series is very good.

But - Hell on Wheels and Terra Nova are pretty good series, too. Also in a few months HBO will be starting Game of Thrones and True Blood up as well.

Showtime just wrapped up season 6 of Dexter and Syfy has Being Human coming back.

TV now is actually pretty good and on-demand just adds to it (so I can wtch it when I want to).

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for Game of Thrones as well, but check IMDB top 100 for series.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the show Walking Dead but definitely not my favorite. I like a wide variety though - Vampire Diaries, Dexter, Iron Chef, True Blood, House Hunters, House, Law & Order SVU

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Walking Dead is good, sometimes the storyline seems to drag a bit though.

Heard Game of Thrones is good, was planning to get the first season on dvd when it comes out, so I can finally see it.

I probably watch more sports and reality shows than anything else right now, not much episodic tv. A lot different than when I was younger, when you'd wait each week for the new episode of a sitcom or drama.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have not seen Game of Thrones.

I have seen a few episodes of Spartacus which is pretty racy (and gory).

I thought Deadwood was pretty gory for its day.

The fascination with zombies and goth surprises me. Does not occupy a large segment of the population but very devoted followers (and participants). I believe the Twilight saga of books and movies has captured an massive group (primarily female) into the genre.

Infoproliferati

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Heard of Game of Thrones. Have yet to catch up.

A great show on Showtime is Homeland; the CIA is on a manhunt for an American believed to have been recruited by terrorists in Iraq. A gripping, plausible, patient and smarter 24. Instead of Jack Bauer you have a less violent female lead who will stop at nothing to find the newly turned terrorist.

Spartacus was very gory but immensely engaging.

What makes the Walking Dead different from the other zombie tales out there is its lens focus on the relationships between characters in a world gone "uuuuuuuuuuuugh". At almost every turn the characters are on edge to make subjective decisions in order to survive. And the show is starting to push even further as some of the characters want to not just survive but live. Impressively, the title couldn't have been any better. At first glance, you may think the title refers to the zombies. But it occurred to me after viewing the episodes leading up to the mid-season finale that the survivors may just as well be the Walking Dead.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Been watching Terra Nova, and I find it nothing but a futuristic soap opera 85 million years ago.

It has been a disappointment to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom