Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TheArtOfTheName.com – Build A Business – Not Just A Website!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today’s topic is how to build a business NOT just a website. The work starts after the website is built even if it ranks number one in Google. Every domain owner should watch this before they build a website!   Click Here to Get Article Marketing Robot – The best tool to spin and submit [...]

More...

txspark

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great video Adam packed with solid data and insight ...please keep them coming. This is the stuff I need to become successful!
Bennie

CupOfTea

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is a great video with practical hands on advice that we can actually start doing, thanks for sharing.

I have actually found and launched several lead generation websites of my own. Traffic and conversion are good. The problem I have is the partnering with local businesses.

How do you approach small businesses to propose a partnership?

I have tried cold calling and offering a free first lead. But businesses still just treat me as a random cold caller even though I have a genuine boiling hot free lead I want to pass them. Its kind of crazy that they turn it down. But I understand that maybe they think there is some kind of catch or I am just a chancer.

I think its my approach, maybe I'm not explaining it well enough. If I could go in person to there offices I would, but its just too impractical.

Do you have any advice on approaching smaller businesses with partnership offers?

Thanks,
Rori

Note: I didn't think it would be this hard to give people free hot leads. But I guess I am just not communicating my proposal well enough.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a great video with practical hands on advice that we can actually start doing, thanks for sharing.

I have actually found and launched several lead generation websites of my own. Traffic and conversion are good. The problem I have is the partnering with local businesses.

How do you approach small businesses to propose a partnership?

I have tried cold calling and offering a free first lead. But businesses still just treat me as a random cold caller even though I have a genuine boiling hot free lead I want to pass them. Its kind of crazy that they turn it down. But I understand that maybe they think there is some kind of catch or I am just a chancer.

I think its my approach, maybe I'm not explaining it well enough. If I could go in person to there offices I would, but its just too impractical.

Do you have any advice on approaching smaller businesses with partnership offers?

Thanks,
Rori

Note: I didn't think it would be this hard to give people free hot leads. But I guess I am just not communicating my proposal well enough.

Find a business you want to contact and I will do the call wth you the first time so you understand how to do it.

Adam

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice post Adam. I picked up a few nuggets of wisdom that I will be trying out on my newest company, launching in the next month...

As a business owner first and domainer second, I can attest that any business requires a lot of hard work. There is no such thing as "set it and forget" in the real world, at least for the overwhelming majority of us.

Everyone who gets discouraged because their sites aren't producing should watch this, if not for the specific tips then for the overarching lesson.

Last edited:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice post Adam. I picked up a few nuggets of wisdom that I will be trying out on my newest company, launching in the next month.

As a business owner first and domainer second, I can attest that any business requires a lot of hard work. There is no such thing as "set it and forget" in the real world, at least for the overwhelming majority of us.

Everyone who gets discouraged because their sites aren't producing should watch this, if not for the specific tips then for the overarching lesson.

Thanks for your kind words, too many times domainers build sites and then stop, that's just the beginning and that video should be seen by every domainer out there.

I will be doing another one tonight with a proven example of what can be done with a bit of hard work, catching a $15 drop and selling it 3 weeks later for $4000.

Adam

CupOfTea

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for offering to help make the sales call with me. I may take you up on that when I have another call to make!

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Today’s topic is how to build a business NOT just a website. The work starts after the website is built even if it ranks number one in Google. Every domain owner should watch this before they build a website!   Click Here to Get Article Marketing Robot – The best tool to spin and submit [...]

More...

I'd love to see a PDF link with the videos for those of us who'd prefer to read :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom