Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

thejaylenoshow.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvarodejh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This real estate guy involve in this case is from Houston. Jay Leno is trying to acquire: TheJayLenoShow.com via WIPO.

http://domainnamewire.com/tag/domain-name-arbitration/

why Jay Leno just buy the name from this guy, instead of spending money with lawyers. I mean Jay Leno is not a regular name but why people think that their name .com has to be theirs.?

Anyway, I like for the current owner to keep the name.

vickusa

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I own "JayLenoJokes.com" --- any ideas about Jay possibly going after me?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That may be funny.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why? Seriously, why?

Does the current owner have a show by this same name?

We think because someone has a shitload of money we can and should hold their name hostage.

I would be 99.99% sure that Jay Leno is not even personally aware of such a case.

That is why someone with as much money as he has hires teams of people to ensure that his operations run smoothly. That includes hiring lawyers to go after people who register his name in bad faith.

Period.

Domainers coming out in favor of the current owner keeping the name look just as stoopid as the person who regged it thinking it was his to sell.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Why?

It is pretty much a certainty that any person typing in "thejaylenoshow.com" is looking for Jay Leno, and not some guy in Texas.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
alvarodejh are you this disconnected with reality?

of course, i guess you are the guy who bid around $600,000 of music.mobi with the intent of resale :lol:

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I own "JayLenoJokes.com" --- any ideas about Jay possibly going after me?

I hope not - I own ObamaJokes dot-com, and I don't want the White House coming after me! :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps one of the biggest determining factors to why this, and why now.

The previous show hosted by Jay Leno was :

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

Now it is The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

Jay Leno will soon have his own prime time 10pm show called

The Jay Leno Show

It is a far, far, stretch to assume that a realtor(?) named Guadalupe Zambrano in Katy, Texas owns TheJayLenoShow dot com for getting a realtor/broker license.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.... It is a far, far, stretch to assume that a realtor(?) named Guadalupe Zambrano in Katy, Texas owns TheJayLenoShow dot com for getting a realtor/broker license.

Me thinks He'll be getting another document quite soon and it may refer to him being offered the opportunity to be making license plates somewhere instead...

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perfectly plausible that this domain could be used for legitimate & good faith fan site...

Cartoonz...I don't think anyone will be making license plates...lol, this would be a CIVIL matter...that's what domain disputes are. Not a "crime".

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perfectly plausible that this domain could be used for legitimate & good faith fan site...

Cartoonz...I don't think anyone will be making license plates...lol, this would be a CIVIL matter...that's what domain disputes are. Not a "crime".
We'll have to let Doc Bhill weigh in on this.

For me and my wallet, would not matter whether it is a criminal court or civil court - the fines are real and payable in real money.

Melab

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That domain name has potential to become a really big liability for anyone not affiliated with NBC, Jay, or The Jay Leno Show. I'd give it to NBC or Jay Leno because that is clearly related to Jay Leno and not vaguely like lh.com.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LH.com is now pointed to Lufthansa...

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
U.S. District Court
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (Foley Square)
CIVIL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:08-cv-02801-LAK

Future Media Architects, Inc. v. Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Assigned to: Judge Lewis A. Kaplan
Cause: 15:1051 Trademark Infringement
Date Filed: 03/17/2008
Date Terminated: 11/13/2008

11/12/2008 16 STIPULATION OF VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL It is hereby stipulated and agreed by and between the parties and/or their respective counsel(s) that the above-captioned action is voluntarily dismissed, with prejudice against the defendant(s) all parties and without costs to either party pursuant to Rule 41(a)(1)(A)(ii) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. Document filed by Future Media Architects, Inc..(Kelly, Michael) (Entered: 11/12/2008)

11/13/2008 17 MEMO ENDORSEMENT on 16 Stipulation of Voluntary Dismissal. ENDORSEMENT: It is SO ORDERED on this 13 day of November. (Signed by Judge Lewis A. Kaplan on 11/13/2008) (jpo) (Entered: 11/13/2008)

The case was settled months ago.

B. Respondent

The Respondent did not reply to the Complainant’s contentions.

...and on those facts, a meritorious response would have been... what?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...and on those facts, a meritorious response would have been... what?
My contention with regard the respondents "no response" was know when to hold em, know when to fold em.

What I find amazing, or should I based on a panelist's opinion, is the Tiger Wood's case of his own son's name. http://domains.adrforum.com/domains/decisions/1263352.htm

Tiger argued that Respondent listed the domain for sale on eBay nine days after its acquisition stating:

“This is your chance to own the domain to a future golf legend or use it in some way to extord (sic) the current golf legend for some extra cash (not highly recomended (sic) seeing he has lots of money and lawyers.) I personally feel someone much more into golf would appreciate the address much more than myself. I am not really sure why I bought the domain, but since I am loosing (sic) my job on the 1st of April anything sounded like a good idea.”

Okay, so FINDINGS The Panel finds that the disputed domain name is not identical or confusingly similar to a trademark or service mark in which Complainant has rights.

Perhaps furture birth certificates will immediately be sent to USPTO and, on such, will state TM instead of Jr. :smilewinkgrin:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Perhaps furture birth certificates will immediately be sent to USPTO and, on such, will state TM instead of Jr. :smilewinkgrin:

Better still, don't name/announce your child unless you have secured the .com first (Angelina Jolie did that!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom