Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Theplanet.com has terminated my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameSniper.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Thanks to Adam for letting me posting this

On August 2nd i have found my account was terminated and my server was disconnected.

The story.
On july 25 i have received a ticket from
Eric W. Clark

Senior Accounts Manager
The Planet, Inc.
Advanced Webhosting Solutions
[email protected]

He said that "We are going to discontinue your account with us "

I have called him and he said that their are closing my account because "I was abusing their ticketing system and was placing an average 2 tickets per day"
They have counted everything,dns add requests,monitoring alerts but whatever there is NOTHING about ticketing system abousing in their TOS/AUP

Eric said "You have time untill 20 auguest (my next billing cycle) to move the data away"

I have apologized and said maybe i have asked too many questions? sorry,bt whatever i will move from you away

he said that in one ticket i have used 366 minutes of admin time instead of my free one monthly admin hour

But i have asked HOW did i used it when you have NOT asked me if i want to use more than my one free hour ?

he has just repeated "Sir you have used 366 minutes"

The same way i could talk to myslef !

On august 1st i have received the update to ticket(which i though is closed so far) where someone from support said that "Your card is declining $75 charge"

I have asked what for you are going to charge me ?

And the next day on august 2nd i have found my server disconnected

I have called him again,someone has picked up the phone and said that Eric is out and that my account was terminated
I have asked about how do i get the backup from my server?
he said that i CANT,my hard drives were formated and they have ALSO deleted teh backup from teh NAS storage,and everything in 2 hours !

They have charged me untill august 20th and dont want to even refund my money!

I have no idea HOW to recover all my data,not mentioning that they have charged me for teh full month !

Anyone any such a expirience and did you solved it ?

mpadc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
did u have a managed / unmanaged server with them?

u got backups?

its always ideal to keep offshore backups!

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how could it happen that way. I thought that theplanet has a good reputation. It's very unproffesional to terminate a client account because of that simple reason

NameSniper.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have already posted it there but rarely "yourhost" will reply

I had managed server there

mpadc said:
did u have a managed / unmanaged server with them?

u got backups?

its always ideal to keep offshore backups!

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have apologized and said maybe i have asked too many questions? sorry,bt whatever i will move from you away

You apologized and said you would move out. What else do you want after that?

NameSniper.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
John i have apologized just in case (who knows what do they consider as "ticket violation" ?) and anyway that was fine as they said that they will cancel my account at august 20th BUT 1)did it earlier and didnt refunded my money 2)I was not ready of course to move 20 days earlier

Isnt it obvious ?

Quote from their ticket

"Ticket Details:
Queue:Accounting
Summary:CANCELLATION REQUEST: """"""""("""")
Details:Request authorized by: """"""(""""")
Account: """"("""")

--Effective Cancel Date--
12:01 AM US Central Time on 08/20/2005

Please cancel the following from my account:
--Hardware Information--
* <a target=_blank
href=/hardware_view.html?edit_id="""">""""""</a>
-IP ADDRESS: 70.84.191.178
-SERIAL NUMBER: S613PXI15304201
-CONNECTION: as17-CAT2950T-24-1 >>> FastEthernet0/18

--Reason--

--Comments--
PLANET SERVER ACCOUNT TERMINATION

Cancellation Reason:

Resolution:

Please do not reply to this email. If you have additional
information, please update the ticket using the link to the support
system provided. If the support ticket was closed, and the issue was
not resolved to your satisfaction, please feel free to open another
ticket and reference this ticket number.

Thank you,
The Planet
"

The most interesting point is that i DIDNT placed that ticket and YOU SEE black on white they said 20th august NOT 2 nd !

jberryhill said:
You apologized and said you would move out. What else do you want after that?

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the charge of $75 that was declined on your credit card for? Did they tell you?

I would venture to guess that they cancelled your server because they couldn't sercure payment for the $75 charge, that was declined on your card. Maybe they thought you were not going to pay/cooperate based on the alleged TOS violation and declined payment? If that is the case, I think they acted a little "quick" but I'm guessing their server agreement terms, for allowing you to rent a server from them, require payments to not be declined.

NameSniper.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what for was it but anyway in their ticket they said "20th august" NOT 2nd no ?

Blarian said:
What is the charge of $75 that was declined on your credit card for? Did they tell you?

I would venture to guess that they cancelled your server because they couldn't sercure payment for the $75 charge, that was declined on your card. Maybe they thought you were not going to pay/cooperate based on the alleged TOS violation and declined payment? If that is the case, I think they acted a little "quick" but I'm guessing their server agreement terms, for allowing you to rent a server from them, require payments to not be declined.

TrafficNames

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never had any server from them but I heard they have very unprofessional support my friends had problems with them they charged their cards for Canceled service .in general it's better to get Services from Europe based companies in USA they have better support and 24 hours support all around the world such as 1and1.com

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i've been with theplanet/servermatrix for 2+ years now.. they are one of the best all around dedicated server providers period!

not sure exactly what went down here... but somebody is at fault.. too bad it ended up like this.

NameSniper.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sure but the problem is that they have terminated my account 18 days earlier and i couldnt get the backup !

TrafficNames said:
I never had any server from them but I heard they have very unprofessional support my friends had problems with them they charged their cards for Canceled service .in general it's better to get Services from Europe based companies in USA they have better support and 24 hours support all around the world such as 1and1.com

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They don't owe you a backup.

NameSniper.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even if something has gone wrong,they didnt told me that and terminated my account 18 days earlier !

mike031 said:
i've been with theplanet/servermatrix for 2+ years now.. they are one of the best all around dedicated server providers period!

not sure exactly what went down here... but somebody is at fault.. too bad it ended up like this.

TrafficNames

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have u purchased back up from them ? although they should give you this option this makes things weird buying servers from them.this shows they do not care for customer datas and it's piece of junk for them :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
ThePlanet is the host of this ****ing spammer that sends out the "Last Notice" emails for the .info when you own other TLD's. I have emailed their abuse dept. to no avail.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Planet have a good reputation, and from my dealings with them I have no idea why.

Post this on www.webhostingtalk.com - you will get a far more reaching response.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BLazeD said:
The Planet have a good reputation, and from my dealings with them I have no idea why.

Post this on www.webhostingtalk.com - you will get a far more reaching response.

You may want to direct your questions to user "YOURHOST" on that forum.

NameSniper.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didnt tried but maybe they will SELL it to me who know

TrafficNames said:
Have u purchased back up from them ? although they should give you this option this makes things weird buying servers from them.this shows they do not care for customer datas and it's piece of junk for them :)

I have reported a few hacking resources to their abuse department but they didnt care about it,what can i say

RADiSTAR said:
ThePlanet is the host of this ****ing spammer that sends out the "Last Notice" emails for the .info when you own other TLD's. I have emailed their abuse dept. to no avail.

pam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, so you paid for a full month and they terminated you? If you paid for this with a credit card, you can intiate a chargeback against them, unless it's in their TOS they can terminate you when they choose without offering a refund.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TrafficNames said:
You shouldn't rate a host who you have not used period..

I have two servers with them and they have the best support ever. It is managed hosting but you shouldn't abuse the system.

Also their billing department sucks and i've gotten double billed, accidentally disconnected/cancelled lost all data before they took a full day to get me back online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom