Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

There is so much information about the domain industry, is it possible to speedread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TordB

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is so much information about the domain industry :) . I just printed out all the cover stories from DNjournal from 2003 to 2007. That is about 500 word pages. Does anybody know about some books that teaches speedreading? (seriously).

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can't learn it all by reading. Sure, you can learn a lot of it, tips, tricks, niches, what to look for but in the end it's experience that will teach you the most.

As for speedreading, I don't think it is as easy as reading a book on it. You need to build up the mental skill and discipline to be able to do it well enough for it to be worth your time and money.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is so much information about the domain industry :) . I just printed out all the cover stories from DNjournal from 2003 to 2007. That is about 500 word pages. Does anybody know about some books that teaches speedreading? (seriously).

With due respect ... can you start to ask Google ?

H

H2FC

as you read train yourself to just skim over the tops of the letters....you will be surprised how fast you can learn to read and comprehend...you will be speedreading in no time.

Fatbat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With due respect ... can you start to ask Google ?

No doubt. This question, like others you've asked, doesn't at all pertain to the domain business. Google for answers to these.

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you a bot?
Oh ... damn, I forgot ... See the 'search' thingy at the top of the forum?
No .. really ... try using it .. and BTW if you have managed to read this post in less than an hour ... Congratulations! You are a fully-fledged member of the speed readers society!

NavySeals

Need Domainers Rehab
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Instead of looking at it from a "wow there is so much info here" change the way you are approaching it.

Perhaps write out a list of questions, and then you can easily find your answers here or on other resources. From there, you will get into the rhythm sorta like the show LOST. Where there are always more questions than answers.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't look for a fast-track course... there is a learning curve you have to take.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TordB start with one project and grow your knowledge

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just printed out all the cover stories from DNjournal from 2003 to 2007. That is about 500 word pages.

:lol:

Instead of spending hundreds of hours reading about how much Frank Schilling's house costs and what Rick Schwartz' new Breitling looks like; throw those cover stories away and start spending time buying and selling domains on DNF.

Yes, those cover stories are indeed great reading, but I think you will benefit more from participating in this game, than reading about the success of others. :)

Rico

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You better can print out the domain sales section's of dnj. You will get an indication what is worth what..and where to invest in

Also focus on 1 thing a time, resell>develop>PPC.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Break-Through Rapid Reading by Peter Kump.

The downside is in order to follow this book you'll have to give up regular reading for at least two to three months. its all about sacrifice baby

This book definately works. i read it the summer before going back to college. basically partied like animal house for three years and still managed to graduate ... with Highest Honors :)

TordB

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Break-Through Rapid Reading by Peter Kump.

The downside is in order to follow this book you'll have to give up regular reading for at least two to three months. its all about sacrifice baby

This book definately works. i read it the summer before going back to college. basically partied like animal house for three years and still managed to graduate ... with Highest Honors :)

That's awsome man. Party time is absolutely necessary for me too:)

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't look for a fast-track course... there is a learning curve you have to take.

As above, you can't master this business overnight; I'm still learning now, six years after I started. It's all about learning from your mistakes and gradually building up your knowledge as the days/months/years go on.

- Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom