Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

things that make you go hmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Found this strange.... identitytheft.com

owned by domainsponsor which the parent company is oversee.net but its not a parking page... things that make you go hmmm.....

-=DCG=-

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes ... no reason for them to park it with there services making .03 per click. lmao

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
Found this strange.... identitytheft.com

owned by domainsponsor which the parent company is oversee.net but its not a parking page... things that make you go hmmm.....

-=DCG=-

------------------
the domain name was previously owned by a member of this forum who sold it for a xx,xxx figure.

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
its probably not parked so as to avoid being seen as a bad faith registration.

That could be it. All that you should ever need to demonstrate a good faith registration is bona-fide use for a reasonable period of time. But in this case it would appear unneccesary.

names37919

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not quite sure that's a "hmmmm...."

Aside from the already mentioned reasons (Bad faith, cheap clicks, etc.), it also does a lot to cheapen the feel of a domain name. I know that I still have a hard time going to now-developed sites with strong keywords that were once parked. I use to check my name and others in .com , but they were registered by marchek's pred who had the most annoying damn pop-ups ever. Now, a few are developed, but I still don't like visiting because of the stigma attached to the sites in my mind...

A very touchy-feely reason, but one none-the-less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom