Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Thinking about the future...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm thinking of registering some domains related to videogames. Now, I've done this before and never had problems, but would look to prepare for any that could occur. Now, just one thing, I would not attempt to sell the domains. They would be developed.

Here are a few questions/thoughts I've come up with.

If I register a domain that is based on a videogame, then build a site, and the company of the game wants the domain, can they take it?.

Since they have a trademark on the name, could they still take it, or is the domain considered free speech (not sure if free speech can win disputes, but I read something about this)?.

What if someone runs a domain that is the name of one of their games, and they don't do anything about it, but they come after me cause I have a similar domain?. Can they get away with singling out people?

What if they use to have the domain, and did nothing with it, then didn't renew it, and I register it. Can they take it from me?

What if they offer to buy it, then threaten legal action if I don't sell, can that be used against them?.

I'm sure there are other questions I could ask. If you can think of any, feel free to add them :)

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, they can take it. Yes, they can single you out. Yes, it's a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom