Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

this bugs me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It really bugs me to see people presenting traffic and/or revenue domain names with stats that only show totals and averages for the entire month.

The name should be presented with DAILY stats, to indicate whether or not the traffic and/or revenue is declining. Its a total waste of time to look at stats and see the following:

http://www.joeimage.com/uploads/174nnxmn.jpg

It might just be me, who knows. In my opinion, the only reason someone would show the above, as opposed to daily stats, is because they have something to hide.

Upvote 0

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It might just be me, who knows. In my opinion, the only reason someone would show the above, as opposed to daily stats, is because they have something to hide.

I disagree... when making a stats request, just post exactly how you want to see the stats. No big deal. If I'm selling 2-10+ domains, it's a lot more steps having to take 2-9 screenshots per domain name if the person wants 3 months stats on a per day basis. It's extremely time consuming. So I personally just post th month view and provide the daily stats per request so my time is not wasted.

GL

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All that is needed is one screenshot of the last 30 days per domain name. Its a lot easier for sellers to sell domain names that are declining in daily revenue and/or traffic by taking a screenshot of the entire month. I think taking the additional minute or two to show detailed stats is well worth your while.

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think taking the additional minute or two to show detailed stats is well worth your while.

To each his own.

Best of luck

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Traffic domain without clicks is not real traffic. I ignore domains with "huge traffic, but terrible CTR" or "keywords did not optimize yet" etc. It is bogus traffic - robots, img src, css file requests and many other "traffic", which i.e. Namedrivee or Sedo log as "traffic" but it is NOT real human-viewed html.

mxzsleds

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I rather have 5 or 6 months of stats, then 30 days worth of stats, especially if you are buying at a 3 to 4 year investment.

taboo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well why can't you just pm the seller and ask for a screenshot? You will know they are trying to hide something if they refuse. Most people are just lazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom