Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

This doesn't figure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How can this be?

Throughout 2006 I listed names with both Sedo and TDNAM. Same names, roughly the same starting prices.

Sales through Sedo - Nil
Sales through TDNAM - 42

Not even 1 low-ball offer came from Sedo. The names sold at TDNAM were $xxx with a few high $xx that I wanted to shift. Those $xx names were listed at Sedo with a zero start price.

I have been getting the Sedo newsletters, my emails get through to them and replies have been received.

I regularly receive offers direct and from parked pages (I don't park at Sedo) that sometimes convert to sales.

Can anyone think of a reason for this dismal showing from Sedo?

Thanks - Jas

Domain Days 2024

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've sold alot of names via TDNAM aswell. I think that there are alot of end-users buying via godaddy. Most of which probably aren't even aware sedo exists.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very interesting...Thanks

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jas where are your sites parked ? At Sedo or elsewhere ?

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funny, I haven't sold a single name at TDNAM in 2006 but sold 3 low-mid x,xxx domains via Sedo in 2006 and a few xxx sales and 0 at Afternic. Go figure. I personally keep all my names parked with Sedo. All my sales in '06 came either from Sedo or DNF.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jas where are your sites parked ? At Sedo or elsewhere ?

Most are at Namedrive, a few at Trafficz and a handful at Dotzup.

Another interesting point is that I recently started moving the bulk of my names to Namedrive from Trafficz. Over the last 2 months, I have had twice as many enquiries for domains through their parked pages at Namedrive than I have had in a year at Trafficz - the only thing I can assume in this case is that the pages appear more appealing to potential buyers.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always list mine at $100 starting/offers. I do get alot of lowballs but any interest is a potential sale. All of mine have been in the $xxx range though so no biggies. But the way I see it is sedo charges $60 minimum if you don't park there. To make the sale more comfortable for me I would have to sell a regfee name for more there than TDNAM because I see the $60 as an added expense. I think it's 7% at TDNAM so any $xxx sale of a regfee name is a decent return. IE if I sold a name there at sedo for $150 paid them $60 and $7 for the reg I only make $83. If I priced my names I've learned over time that I will generally sell myself short or discourage offers.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i just listed like 30 buy it nows, what type of listing did you do.

I used to put them on 7 day auction but it's too time consuming, so since they began offering the bulk option for BIN, I've been using that. Only time will tell if it is as successful for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom