Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

This drives me CRAZY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've griped about this issue before,but now it seems worse than ever...

Why does DS lose such a huge percentage of traffic during the redirection process? I just registered a high traffic domain last night,it's recieved 1516 visitors in less than 48 hours.Here is the screenshot from my DomainSite account,where they track the traffic:

http://www.geocities.com/nolucksavant/ds.jpg

Now HERE is a screenshot of the traffic that actually made it to the DS landing page:

http://www.geocities.com/nolucksavant/ds2.jpg

Of the 1516 visitors,DS only saw 886 of them.How is is possible to lose nearly half the traffic?
I've seen this happen before,and when I switched to Sedo (using Nameservers) the traffic jumped to where it should be.
The only problem was,Sedo pays far less.

Why does this happen? I could literally double my revenue at DS if they would count all the visitors.Anyone have any insight?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they filter through the traffic... if it's foreign for example... or from a country that they don't accept visitors from then it of course gets dismissed.

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
they filter through the traffic... if it's foreign for example... or from a country that they don't accept visitors from then it of course gets dismissed.

Hi Mike,

Are you sure? I didn't think DS discriminated against foreign traffic.
It's actually a Turkish IDN domain,with a character only on Turkish keyboards,so 100% of the traffic is from Turkey.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dillpupp said:
Hi Mike,

Are you sure? I didn't think DS discriminated against foreign traffic.
It's actually a Turkish IDN domain,with a character only on Turkish keyboards,so 100% of the traffic is from Turkey.

every ppc has its own rules and traffic qualifications... this is a common occurrence with all of them... uniques/visitors do fluctuate but what you have to keep in mind is that you need to focus on the most important thing which is revenue, all of the uniques/visitors in the world are worthless if you are not earning much.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you pointing using their DNS or are you redirecting yourself?

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameYourself said:
Are you pointing using their DNS or are you redirecting yourself?

Domain Sponsor doesn't offer use of DNS do they? I would use it for sure.
Whether it's Sedo,ParkingSite,or Domain Sponsor--or whether it's Foreign traffic or US traffic,looking at my logs,I've noticed traffic always gets lost in forwarding.
It's as if the visitors have extra time to click out and close the window during the forwarding process.Names parked on Sedo's nameservers resolve instantly,I just wish they paid as well as DS.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dillpupp said:
Whether it's Sedo,ParkingSite,or Domain Sponsor--or whether it's Foreign traffic or US traffic,looking at my logs,I've noticed traffic always gets lost in forwarding.
It's as if the visitors have extra time to click out and close the window during the forwarding process.Names parked on Sedo's nameservers resolve instantly,I just wish they paid as well as DS.

DS does offer a DNS service if you inquire about it.

The reason I ask is that you may need to make sure you are catching all link, subdomain, and other traffic coming to your domain. You can do this by looking up some 404 redirect how-to's on google. If you are using DomainSponsor's DNS service though, I believe it catches all that. If you test by going to:

www.subdomain.YOURDOMAIN.com
www.YOURDOMAIN.com/page.html

If those aren't redirecting too, that may be the problem. Slow load times for people with slower connections and foreign traffic are also possibilities.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DS do not filter any country traffic (unlike Sedo, which filters a lot). But they do NOT count robot or non-viewed traffic. I.e. I have one domain which has 40,000 uniques @ Sedo, but the REAL PAGE VIEWed is about 300, the rest is rubbish, unviewed hits. Every new domain I aquire I test @ Domainsponsor first, as they have the most reliable REAL VIEW traffic measuring from all parking places...

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
DS do not filter any country traffic (unlike Sedo, which filters a lot). But they do NOT count robot or non-viewed traffic. I.e. I have one domain which has 40,000 uniques @ Sedo, but the REAL PAGE VIEWed is about 300, the rest is rubbish, unviewed hits. Every new domain I aquire I test @ Domainsponsor first, as they have the most reliable REAL VIEW traffic measuring from all parking places...

ds does filter through traffic from certain countries... you are wrong by claiming "do not filter any country traffic" --- get your facts straight.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dillpupp said:

Hi

DS uses "proredirect.com" as the nameservers.

you'll have to get an account at 'proredirect.com' first.

but as Denny has said, they do not count bot traffic and the like, only true visitors.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ds does filter through traffic from certain countries... you are wrong by claiming "do not filter any country traffic" --- get your facts straight.

I got my "facts straight" and asked DNsponsor, here is their answer:
"In regards to your country filtering concerns, we only filter out fraud clicks..."

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
I got my "facts straight" and asked DNsponsor, here is their answer:
"In regards to your country filtering concerns, we only filter out fraud clicks..."

if indeed that is correct then that is great news for all of us that they have opened up to the rest of the world.... but from the last time i checked in with them which was a while ago... they were openly admitting that they were infact filtering through, etc.

-netPH-

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a friend from China does confirms that DS filters out chinese traffic

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting, why my Chinese TYPO domains has such huge traffic then...

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dillpupp said:
I've griped about this issue before,but now it seems worse than ever...

Why does DS lose such a huge percentage of traffic during the redirection process? I just registered a high traffic domain last night,it's recieved 1516 visitors in less than 48 hours.Here is the screenshot from my DomainSite account,where they track the traffic:

http://www.geocities.com/nolucksavant/ds.jpg

Now HERE is a screenshot of the traffic that actually made it to the DS landing page:

http://www.geocities.com/nolucksavant/ds2.jpg

Of the 1516 visitors,DS only saw 886 of them.How is is possible to lose nearly half the traffic?
I've seen this happen before,and when I switched to Sedo (using Nameservers) the traffic jumped to where it should be.
The only problem was,Sedo pays far less.

Why does this happen? I could literally double my revenue at DS if they would count all the visitors.Anyone have any insight?

DomainSite counts hits, and I think DS only counts uniques or visitors.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DSponsor counts the real people html view, while Sedo, Domainsite or your server counts all shit icluding robots, Interentseer and similar nonsenses. I know few persons here @ DNF they subsrcibe to Internetseer to "check the server" every hour to increase the daily hits... Domainsponsor is always guarantee of fair stats...

domainworx

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainSponsor doesn't filter traffic as far as I know, but the thing is that when a visitor from china for example searches for any term, no results from google will be shown, or maybe sometimes only some low cost 1 cent/click type of results will be shown.

Anybody can be wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom