Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

This email came today

Status
Not open for further replies.

emark

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear Sir/Madam 2009-8-25

We are a internet service (software development, website design and development, wifi network works to promote the protection of brands, search engine optimization, etc.) company in China,

Several days ago we received a formal application submited by 'this guy' who wanted to use the keyword "my domain name" to register the Internet Brand and with

suffix .cn /.com.cn /.net.cn/.hk/ .asia/ domain names.

After our initial checking through Internet, we found that the keyword "my domain name" to be applied for registration is same as your keyword. Accordingly, before we finish his registration, we would like to get your final decision about this, whether you mind his registration, if you believe his registration would affect your bussiness and produce conflict, then we could give your priority to register them, as the keyword is first used by your company. However, if you do not think so, please advise of that and then we will finish his registration.

For proceeding the next step, Please contact us by Fax,Telephone or Email as soon as possible. Under the circumstance of no your reply during the next 5 working days, we will consider you to give it up and finish his registration.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxx

Checking Department
Tel: xx xxx xxxxxxxx
Fax: xx xxx xxxxxxxx
Email: somebody at some domain
Mail No.:

I don't think it would be a problem for me. Owning those extensions does not interest me. I own the .com, .net, and .org. What do you guys and guyettes think.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Spam. Ignore. Don't respond.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's probably a scam. The story is made up only to make you nervous and register domains with them that you normally would not register.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
spamo

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i also received couple of them

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They just want you to purchase your name in .cn - from them preferably.

jinglepoint

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It has spam written all over!

I love these emails that start with Dear Sir/madam ... I am XXXX. I have been monitoring Mr.kim kwan kho 's accounts and as u know he is waiting at pearley gates to enter heaven, I think you are appropriate to hold the money, please give me your details and I'll transfer your account the XXXXXXXXXXXX (that'ld be enough to feed whole Africa and India.)

I want to reply these people, bring the check to me, I'll pay you to and fro charges.
Just don't do it, because damn they are gonna bombard my email with spam from then on :p

emark

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. You're all correct. I googled their domain (wifinantong dot com) and the results shown reflected the same thing. SPAM!

The extensions mentioned in the email didn't interest me, although I had considered offering the .net and/or .org for sale to them. It's good to have access to forum members who know what they're talking about.

I'm currently in negotiations for another of my domains. The "make another sale" possibility had my blood boiling for a while.

man, man, man it never ceases does it?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Spam. I have hundreds of them.

talas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Upon to the content, it is some strange.

I am curious that:

1. the man who wrote the email is not a domainer.

or

2. the man who wrote the email is hiding his identification of being a domainer.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They target end-users, companies etc. Would be smart if they would not spam domainers...I get like 100 a month of this crap, they keep changing their email to another domain so kilfilter works for a while before they change it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom