Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

This has got to STOP!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ICANN needs to develop specific rules for the whois. I am sick and tired of this crap.

Do a whois on koair.com

POST EDIT: I just checked and it is not happening with all whois, but try it on say easywhois.com

It has happened on several so far...

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
happens at betterwhois.com too...

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
or try it on the free tutor tool bar.. 'who is' for all extensions..

always free.. and free to register.. enjoy also browsing over 30+ top search engines from one site..

sorry bout your troubles..

it will pass

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Texas, was that a plug for your site?

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whois-Search, I noticed that....hence why I edited my post. The domain is registered at dotster. I e-mailed Mark hoping they could prevent this from happening.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hey domnet, when you ask people to look something up like that, atleast let them know what to expect. You could mention that there will be tons of popups!.

RMF

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Domnet for bringing this to my attention, I don't get anything here at home but I expect many people are getting some javascript running. I have noticed this before and have got a bug notice into our developers to tidy up their data validation so junk doesn't get into web-based WHOIS output.

Mark......

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
P.S. There is one customer of ours who is taking advantage of this to play a sound file saying "Network Solutions is a very bad company". I laughed the first time but we really need to fix it.

Mark......

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mark for always being so helpful. Yeah, I mean the part about NetSol is funny....just the pop-ups are annoying...

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When you do fix it, Mark, you should let his one though the filter.

Because if anyone got a royal shafting from NSI (aside the sex.com fiasco) it was that poor bugger.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TexasFilly
not at all.. i don't own it any longer.. just passing along some great free tools.. available for all..:)
On topic, however... SiteTutor's "whois" is letting the problem through all the same (barfing up pop-up windows on whois records like this), so it doesn't solve the issue in any way shape or form. :dead: Bit of a misleading post, TF.

Good job, Whois-Search.

Also, I agree... warnings should be given, or at least a full explanation of the problem when starting threads like this. Next time I guess I'll pass on checking it out, someone else possibly losing useful feedback.

~ Nexus

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domnet: Yes, I agree with you, it is very annoying.

I have to agree with lawpsych that you should warn us what is going to happen first.

Could you edit your first post to warn people?

Thanks.

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MarkMitford
P.S. There is one customer of ours who is taking advantage of this to play a sound file saying "Network Solutions is a very bad company". I laughed the first time but we really need to fix it.

Mark......

Post the link for fun ;)

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me any other domains that have these rogue script / links in - I'm developing a filter for my SupaWhois script, and want to see how it copes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom