Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

This IP Has Been Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can login to Name Drive just fine, however, when I try to go to one of the sites that is parked at name drive to test my settings, I get "this IP has been banned". I'm behind a router. Does that make a difference?

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

This happens if you make too many searches on your domain from one IP address. If you send us your IP address to [email protected], we can get it unblocked for you.

Best regards,

Ed

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, sometimes we get blocked from certain sites because of the IP addresses the router uses. Sometimes the websites think we are using a banned proxy IP, but we're just behind a wireless router using Satellite. I'll try it again when I go back Monday, but surely I don't know what you're talking about because I haven't done any searches on any of the domain names.

I was, however, tweaking settings and setting the domains to use the search box, but I did not search from them. The settings preview window came up just fine, however, when I went to go view the domain name live, it blocked me.

I never understood why companies block via IP addresses anyways. It's the weakest form of protection as IPs can be easily spoofed and most IPs in my case don't stay constant......

Yojimbo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem a while back. I Did no searches on my domains search box but still had my ip banned. All I had done was view my domain in my browser to see what it looked like. ND unblocked it and it has been fine since.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's happend to me as well. My parked domains are like a box of chocolates, I wander through them deciding what will go live next.

Either way, I contacted support and it was taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom