Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

This is AWFUL! HERES YOUR GOOGLE ADVERTISING $ HARD AT WORK PEOPLE!!! MUST READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Google advertisers should be UP IN ARMS about this crap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GoogleAdsense-X...90QQihZ002QQcategoryZ3767QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this stupid seller has made a tool to manipulate the google and other ad networks so that our advertising money we spend advertising clients sites basically goes to waste...that and he gets rich off of it.

WHAT A RIP OFF! Google and others should sue the pants off of each and every owner of the ip address its sending in the traffic from.

What are your thoughts on this?
-Matt

Domain Days 2024

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its no wonder we are paying so much per click these days for lame keywords!!!

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also makes one wonder if people are using this SCAM to pump up their amount of traffic stats before selling off LAME NAMES..

hwrhewj234234.com has traffic!! 1000 visits a day! Only Ten grand starting bid!

Makes you wonder doesnt it?? And how could we guard against these scammers???

nomis135

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
man i never even knew these existed for real.
I heard of it but never seen the real thing.
No wonder its almost impossible to get money out of ads.
grr

thanks for the update.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I reported this auction days ago ......

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah the guys doing this are getting bolder! I mean how much bolder can you get than packaging it and marketing it on ebay for anyone to use!

The PPC model is buckling. Pay for placement or pay per sale is much fairer to the advertisers. Otherwise your adword buget just drains directly into the pockets of freaks like THIS!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also makes one wonder if people are using this SCAM to pump up their amount of traffic stats before selling off LAME NAMES..

hwrhewj234234.com has traffic!! 1000 visits a day! Only Ten grand starting bid!

Makes you wonder doesnt it?? And how could we guard against these scammers???

Do your research!!

If someone says a random name is making $100 per day, think about it. Be skeptical. Spend hours researching it through every avenue available to you. If something looks way too good to be true, it is just that 99% of the time.

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT,

I do research them...but im sure many people dont... unfortunately

Yeah reporting these auctions when we see them is of course a good thing..and kudos to dolansco for doing that... I just saw it and was upset and posted here.

But to be sure for every auction that we manage to pull off of ebay like this.. there are probably 1000 people using software like this to tilt the odds in their favor...

And dare I ask... what exactly is google doing to be fair to the advertisers?? They claim they have proprietry click fraud controls... the problem is that when the clicks are from different sources like this (i.e. different proxies) they cant detect it...

So the advertisers get screwed... in the check shown...for around $3800. How many millions of ad dollars goes to waste and is seen by a bot and not by real humans??? Im guessing tons of millions...and its in Googles favor to not repair this issue...their stock is going up..so why do they care?

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
google will catch them sooner or later.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is another ... just listed HERE

Please report it also... ebay dont seem to give a ****

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Greaaaaaat... now some idiot is selling scripts to make it even easier to drain our adword budgets. Why dont they just post an account number we can direct deposit our budgets into and make it easier for both of us... haha

Seriously...this is a HUGE problem.

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I cannot understand why ebay does not pull the plug on these auctions.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Love this a$$hole's warning at the bottom of his auction:
"It is forbidden to resale the product and become to prosecute!"

Besides being non-english speaking, apparently he is completely unaware or too dumb to care that FRAUD is a crime too. :greenupset:

-Joe

commandercody

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a horrible thing for all domainers, even the small ones. Things like this could ruin the entire industry of PPC. If you take a close look at the interface it only does clicks for intervals of a same time frame, as in a click every 25 seconds; something that like would easy to notice it's a scaml it's also easy to change that with a randomize coding. But my true worry is if it's out there, and someone is willing to try to sell it online the problem may be bigger than anticipated. It could also just be a scam, i could make and interface in visualstudio.net in about 2 minutes that would look just the same, although no coding would be present. In the end I think advertisers will pay much, much less for clicks, and more for making actual sales, or whatever the advertiser intened for you to do once you entered their site. Tell you what though, those numbers are hard to look away from; although i do, for someone that makes about 6 cents a day on $500 in investment. Even for one month it's more than i would make in a lifetime doing things the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom