Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

This is Going to be Big: DomainTools Launches Sneak Preview of DomainTools Marketplac

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainTools has just announced a brand new addition to its suite of services for domainers – the DomainTools Marketplace – that promises to revolutionize the way domainers and end-users search for and buy domain names. The DomainTools marketplace aggregates domains from multiple sales platforms (Sedo, Afternic, et al) and offers an integrated way to search [...]

More...

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good article - all his (her?) recent articles have been of excellent quality.

One minor request (perhaps I should put this in the suggestions forum) it would be nice to integrate member logins on the blog with those in the forum through some type of federated authentication plugin or method... just noticed I need to register or login on the dnfblog using unique credentials either from the blog or other sites (FB, Twitter, G, Y, etc.) but no opportunity to simply use my DNF credentials.

Cheers.
Rob

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very good idea!
It looks very nice, but I found several names that were supposed to be available that were not.

I find that true of the vast majority (although not all) of expiring / drop lists ... they tend to be not updated often enough and are quickly stale with false positive results for available names. Many droplists don't have sufficiently (nightly or, ideally, intraday) API access to the latest whois/registrar databases...

On the other hand, if anyone has a chance to make the aggregation of available domains work, it could well be domaintools.

Thomas Nash

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is great for looking through domains for sale at different marketplaces! Fantastic tool.

Second the comment about integrating DNF logins with the blog if that is atall possible.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very good idea!
It looks very nice, but I found several names that were supposed to be available that were not.

The site is still in testing (beta) phase, so let's not be too harsh. At the conceptual level, I feel it's brilliant, and the execution is pretty impressive too. I'm pretty sure DomainTools will iron out the bugs in time for official launch.

Good article - all his (her?) recent articles have been of excellent quality.

One minor request (perhaps I should put this in the suggestions forum) it would be nice to integrate member logins on the blog with those in the forum through some type of federated authentication plugin or method... just noticed I need to register or login on the dnfblog using unique credentials either from the blog or other sites (FB, Twitter, G, Y, etc.) but no opportunity to simply use my DNF credentials.

Cheers.
Rob

That would be me. Thanks, and I'll see what we can do about the logins.

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After a about dozen attempts it rates alot of my attempted domains at 3.6 on a 1-10 scale :disappointed: ha I guess I need to start taking a different approach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom