Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

This is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moe8585

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A British peace activist going only by the name Alice cries for help as she holds her hand over the headwound of British peace activist Thomas Hurndall, who had been shot in the head moments earlier, at the start of a protest, in Rafah, southern Gaza Strip, Friday, April 11, 2003. Hurndall, age 21, from Machester, England, had been standing between Israeli troops and Palestinian children when Israeli soldiers opened fire, according to a fellow activist from the International Solidarity Movement who witnessed the scene. Hurndall was declared brain dead after arrival at a Gaza hospital.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030411/168/3rsmy.html&e=5&ncid=1047

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that is a tragedy, just like 30,000 palestinians chanting for saddam to drop chemical weapons on the usa and israel is a tragedy.

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With sympathies, this could make for an extremely powerful, provoking and moving documentary or short film, highlighting the real face of war and conflict.

Far better than some damn stupid TV movie about that GI Jessica or whoever that got rescued by the US a few weeks back that is currently being made. UGH!
To me, this just seemed to be some ridiculous publicity stunt to sway naive people's sentiments in favour of conflict.
Hang on - if it was a bloke that got rescued, GI John - noone would have batted an eyelid!
Ahhh.... pretty faces = ratings...

I'm sick of the false war that the media constantly rages...

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is truly horrible. Yet another victim of Yasser Arafat's intransigence and lack of vision.

This will only end when the Palestinian leadership gets serious about ending the violence and bringing the debate back to a negotiating table instead of a battlefield.

They did it before. If they were serious (and they should be) they could do it again. Nothing is free. The price for peace is peace.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FrontRow
This is truly horrible. Yet another victim of Yasser Arafat's intransigence and lack of vision.
Actually, he was a victim of the Israeli police, not Arafat (who is just as bad, yes).

As tragic as it is, Westerners meddling in the Israel/Palestine conflict is what brought about a lot of the anti-Western sentiment. If you want to go there and stand between them, you can expect to get your head caved in.

moe8585

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FrontRow

This will only end when the Palestinian leadership gets serious about ending the violence and bringing the debate back to a negotiating table instead of a battlefield.

They did it before. If they were serious (and they should be) they could do it again. Nothing is free. The price for peace is peace.

An Isreal soldier shoot a British civilian that is standing near Palestinian children and you blame Yasser Arafat? I'm not saying Yasser Arafat is a good person, but how is he to blame for this?

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maybe because arafat's terrorism-supporting political actions are the reason that soldiers are in gaza in the first place?

i hope israel annhilates all the terrorists and then leaves gaza permanently.

Originally posted by moe8585

An Isreal soldier shoot a British civilian that is standing near Palestinian children and you blame Yasser Arafat? I'm not saying Yasser Arafat is a good person, but how is he to blame for this?

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Beachie
Actually, he was a victim of the Israeli police, not Arafat (who is just as bad, yes).

The Israeli troops were out of all populated Palestinian areas before Arafat unleased the gunmen and suicide bombers back onto Israel 2.5 years ago. It is because of him that Ehud Barak failed and Ariel Sharon became the prime minister on a platform of fighting fire with fire.

I solely blame Arafat for what is going on. I defy anyone with the responsibility of protecting a country of 6 million people to handle it any differently than Israel is and stay together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom