Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

this is too wierd !

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just when you thought there is nothing out there that you havn't seen ....

i got a few minutes an email from WDRP to verify my whois info , but wait...

i have never heard of that domain name - i checked the whois and it is in my name - is was regged in 2000 - i never paid for it (to my knowledge) nor renewed it (i think i would remember it) ... and it has yahoo nameservers - and it is a working website - I have never seen ????

anyone has a clue what is going on ?

i will now email that website and see what is going on

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Had that happen to me once - someone reg'd a domain in my name, I got it transferred to me as the registered owner.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
unfortunatly the name is not generic, it is a company name and has something to gas & oil

well i contacted the company and waiting for their response, as i do not want to get in any trouble because someone is using my indentity at the whois...

update : person just replied - and wrote he does not know why this happened - i told him if he needs assistance in changing the whois , i can help (since all info is mine)

- case closed (hopefully) !

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I always wondered what would happen..

Say you owned ebayy.com and you put it in eBay's whois info. You set the traffic to go to your eBay affiliate link.

I wonder if someone would catch on or the lawyers would pass it off as "internal tracking" rather than "cybersquatting".

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sinsiter thoughts. But hey, why not. Now I did do this once. Menards really pissed me off. Lost my carpet order, told me it was enroute, and then denied telling me that two days later. Big argument with the "flooring manager". Well, I reg'd menardsreallysucks.com, put up a site that looked like thiers, except the logo said "waste BIG time" at menards. ALl whois info pointed to the flooring dept at my local menards, with the managers name as admin. Well, she got the first two C+D letters before Corporate attorneys caught on. Not only did I get a "corporate" apology for my experience, but I got my $8.00 domain reg fee back in the form of a check from Menards to transfer the name too them. Hopefully , she got her ass in trouble for using foul language to a customer,and calling me a liar when I had witnesses. I should have framed them. It was fun, and all my friends now realize what a stubborn ass I really am. By the way. Menards really Sucks. For real.

dogstar

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NexSite: Remind me never to screw with you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom