Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

This is what you can expect from Pool....

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

This is the level of service you can expect
to receive from Pool.com (after they have
been asked several times to provide log-in
details for a domain, and the 'registrar', in
this case Namescout.com, is also ignoring
you..). Absolutely disgusting.

(the domain name has been amended to
protect my identity).

Regards

-------------------------------------------

Response (Jamie H.) - 06/20/2006 03:57 PM
Hello;

Thank you for contacting Pool.com, we are pleased to assist you with your
inquiry.

I have sent you the same response again because the first response I provided
you weeks ago is completely accurate, but based on your email it appears that
you refuse to believe me regardless of that fact, and that makes me wonder why
you contacted us for assistance in the first place if you are not willing to
believe my responses.

However as you are refusing to believe me I fail to see how I can be of further
assistance to you on this issue.

You have our final response on how to access and manage £$%$$%.eu and if you
have any further questions about accessing and managing the domain then you will
have to contact Namescout.com because they are the registrar that is holding
your domain under your ownership, regardless of weather you believe me or not.

You have already been provided the contact details for Namescout.com in my
previous emails so I am considering this issue to be closed.

Thank you for using Pool.com

Regards,

Pool.com Customer Service

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The ironic thing is that namescout and pool are owned by the same people.

richard

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RazorNF said:
The ironic thing is that namescout and pool are owned by the same people.

Haha! Thanks for that Razor. Losing $60 I guess
is ok, and I have learned the lesson never to use
them again.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Be careful. Pool will ban you for bad mouthing them on the domain boards. It happened to me and it was under direct orders of Taryn Naidu the CEO.

Of course they did not tell me that was the reason but I have no other reason. I was a good customer and paid on time every time.

They lost a good customer and gained a good enemy, but that's what you get from bad management anyway so it was no real surprise.

richard

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
rsequin said:
Be careful. Pool will ban you for bad mouthing them on the domain boards. It happened to me and it was under direct orders of Taryn Naidu the CEO.

Of course they did not tell me that was the reason but I have no other reason. I was a good customer and paid on time every time.

They lost a good customer and gained a good enemy, but that's what you get from bad management anyway so it was no real surprise.

Hi

Thanks for this reply, but there is no need
for me to worry about Pool as I will never
be using them again.

The 'bad mouthing', that you refer to, is
simply me providing a factual account of their
service...

All the best, and let the 'bad mouthing' continue!
...this disgusting company deserve to be exposed
(and every time I look at the reply they sent to
me recently, that is detailed in this thread, it
sickens me to think that ANY business would want
to treat a customer in that way...).

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also, they will continue to open new accounts for you at Namescout so you will have to consolidate multiple accounts, each with a different user name and password.

It continues to amaze me how a company like Pool can screw up easy money like catching drops and providing customer service yet they just don't care or they don't get it.

Either way, it's sad.

T

tekz999

I know Taryn and he is a good leader. I suggest you contact namescout also. I know namescout has a very un-userfriendly help system. But heres how I do it to contact namescout, without them ignoring my emails if sent to [email protected] directly.

Go here: http://service.namescout.com/

Then type in "auth code" in the "Search Text (optional)" field, and click search.

You will see several answered. Click the first one. This one "1 What are Auth Codes or Authorization Codes?"

Then after that, a new "secret area" will appear ;) between "Frequently Asked Questions" and "My Questions" on top.

Let me know if I have saved your $60.

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pool and Namescout are two of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. I could write an essay on their ineptness. They have caused me so much stress. To give you just on example among dozens of how bad they are, we won various .eu domain names in Pool auctions MONTHS ago, yet do not have access to the domains.

The customer support does not do a thing to remedy the numerous flaws with their system. Whenever we try to ring we are kept holding in a call waiting system - as I type this I have been on hold for 60 minutes to Namescout :(

I, too, will never work with Pool or Namescout as soon as I can transfer our domain names away. Of the 50-odd registrars I have used in the last ten years, this company is the worst.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rsequin said:
Also, they will continue to open new accounts for you at Namescout so you will have to consolidate multiple accounts, each with a different user name and password.

It continues to amaze me how a company like Pool can screw up easy money like catching drops and providing customer service yet they just don't care or they don't get it.

Either way, it's sad.

I may be in the minority, but I have never has a problem with either Pool or Namescout. When I win a drop, the domain goes right into my master namescout account. I don't know what you mean by a "new" account.

richard said:
This is the level of service you can expect to receive from Pool.com

Why would you hassle Pool if you know the name is w/Namescout?

Azam.biz said:
we won various .eu domain names in Pool auctions MONTHS ago, yet do not have access to the domains.

Maybe it is because of the extention .eu I think the domain in the initial post had this extension, too

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is not because they are .eu domain names. I have registered .eu domain names with 10 registrars and not had a single problem.

There are at least 20 examples I can give of Pool and Namescout's incompetence. I haven't got access to many of our domain names and the ones at Namescout we can't change the nameservers. Spent an hour on the phone to Namescout TWICE and they haven't picked it up. Judging by what I've read on other domain name forums, our experience is the norm.

Next time I am going to spend two hours on the phone. I have no choice. Namescout don't respond to my emails :(

Does anybody else get responses when they write to Namescout?

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Careful everybody. I got banned by Pool for bad mouthing them on the forums. I understand that orders came from the CEO Tariq himself.

Of course they wouldn't admit it but I always paid for my domains and was a good and loyal customer. Now I am a good and loyal enemy.

The fish rots from the head down as they say!

Hi Tariq. How are you? Sleeping well at night?

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
rsequin said:
Careful everybody.
No, no, no. You get credit when credit is due. You neglect paying customers and run a shoddy company, then you get what's coming ... no matter who you think you are. :boxing: :smile:

glad

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you dont give any details, how would they find your ID and ban you? A company that would this should be banned by users anyway.

chumba

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to read about the troubles people have had with Pool and Namescout. I've purchased close to 100 names through pool/ns and only had one problem. It took a week or so to rectify, but it was resolved.

I may be in the minority, but I have never has a problem with either Pool or Namescout. When I win a drop, the domain goes right into my master namescout account. I don't know what you mean by a "new" account.

Same with me. Automatically goes into the master account. The 'problem' I mentioned was related to a 'new' account. (why it didn't go the master, I don't know but it didn't. anyway). Once accessed, it was then simply a case of pushing the names to the master.

Now, dealing with GoDaddy is another story .... :)
Good luck. You should be able to work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom