Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

This smells a bit but I can't (yet) see the scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

joehark

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone else has experience with the following received by one of my hosting service clients (name redacted). I'm pretty sure it's a scam but I can't say why. Anyone?

Subject: Internet Copyright of REDACTED (To Principal)
Importance: High

Dear President/CEO,

Hello!Sorry to trouble you!
We are a domain name registration service company in HongKong, which mainly deal with international company's domain name registration and disputing in Asia.On the Nov 17, 2009, we received an application formally from Jinmeng Investment Co., Ltd,who applied for the Internet trademark: "REDACTED" and some domain names relevant to this trademark from our organization.

According to our procedures and in order to protect your intellectual property rights, we need to send this email to the original company for confirming the actual relationship with this company.If you do not know this company, we doubt that they have other motivation to register these domain names and probably want to do some cybersquatting. Now we have postponed this issue and have not proceeded their registration,In order not to confuse registering these domain names,Please contact us Asap.

PS:If you are not in charge of this matter,please transfer this email to appropriate dept.

Best Regards,

Cary

Web: www.asiadm.org
Tel: 00852-95660496

Fax: 00852-30197872

Mail: [email protected]

The first red flag is the oh so sincere preemptive intention to prevent cybersquatting. Like this is something every registrar does. And like a Chinese company has their panties in a twist to "protect your intellectual property right." Sure.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have received few emails like that. It's a scam.

chrisb72

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yep me too TRASH

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its junk...delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom