Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Thoughts on extensions like co.uk and co.in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Am I the only person who considers double extensions ugly?

I think the only exception is for the country that you are marketing to. So something.co.uk is appropriate for people in the UK, whereas something.co.in is okay for people in India. So don't take this thread as an attempt to bash on those countries or on people who have registered those extensions - share your thoughts on why they aren't worthless.

I don't feel this way about single extensions, of any sort. I mean, something.in could have a lot of value, while I'll consider something.co.in to be pretty much worthless, regardless of what the word is.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if one of your favorite internet sites has one of these extension you would have changed your opinion

the power of the extension is not by how many domains regsitered at it but how many and how good websites developed at it

i like .co.uk because many of my favorite sites that i visit everyday are @ .co.uk not the .com

i never visited twice a site @ .info , .biz , .us , .cn , ....etc

only .com .net .org & .co.uk

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
...share your thoughts on why they aren't worthless.

united kingdom is a former empire, a nation of 65 million ppl (one of the most populated in europe) one of the 7 most advanced nations in the world, a nuclear power, a magnet for immigrants from around the world... moreover, london is the biggest city in europe, and a business and cultural capital of the 'rest of the world'...

oh, and a fact that co.uk. extension is more widely used in united kingdom then .com d:)

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never said co.uk wasn't big... for people in the UK. For everybody else though.. I mean, when I see a link to a .co.uk site, I usually won't bother with it unless I know it's a news site or something like that.

aidman

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I live in the uk and i only own & use the extentions:

co.uk / com / net

For me there is no value in registering domains under another country's code.

Aidman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom