Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Three letter domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After receiving some input regarding dui.ca it started me wondering how many three letter domains actually mean something significant. By significant I mean a solid search pattern, high adword cost and a thriving industry behind them.

Here are four I can think of:

dui (dot) ca $11.34
dwi (dot) ca $12.08
law (dot) ca $2.71
sex (dot) ca (lots of industry but clicks are only .65c value would be for conversions)

Any others you can think of???

Last edited:

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Are you really comparing law and sex to dui and dwi ??

I can think of a lot more...

Anyway why are you fixated on the value for clicks? Do you really think dui is better than sex because of your high valued click?

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Here's a few ..

cam
bar
rap
cop
cat
car
buy
dog
eat
fun

I can think of much more... that i would buy over DUI or DWI

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It isn't about buying or comparing one domain to another it's about what three letter domains that represent actual industries.

High adword costs indicate a lot of interest and a premium product behind it. Otherwise they wouldn't be bidding that high.

All those are really good but I don't get "cop"

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I was just typing any word i can think of... and that's the thing. Anything that comes to my mind is better than dui or dwi.

rum
gin
saw
sax
row
pub
ipo

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And yet the customers are not paying high dollars for most of them:

rum CA$0.57
gin CA$0.53
saw CA$1.07
sax CA$0.95
row CA$0.96
pub CA$0.87
ipo CA$1.38
cam CA$0.95
bar CA$1.06
rap CA$0.61
cop CA$0.51
cat CA$0.79
car CA$3.56
buy CA$1.63
dog CA$0.99
eat CA$0.60
fun CA$0.65

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You win drop:) dui is better than all of them!

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ohh no you don't. I'd gladly trade dui for several on that list. I may be anal but I'm not stupid ;)

cam
cat
dog
buy
ipo
pub
fly
bet
gay

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want to comment on this notion of CPC.

I would rather have a very high searched word with tons of traffic and consistent cpc even if it is a lower amount.

Most of your high paying keyword names (even three letters) are going to be very niche oriented and overall low to very low traffic. I wonder how many people are actually looking for DUI vs DUI lawyer.

This is especially true when you are making sites. I want sites to get used and I want that traffic. Same goes for parking but I am really going with less emphasis on parking now.

But sites with high traffic lead to all sorts of revenue channels with affiliate ads, adsense keywords, banners, or paid placement.

So give me steady and consistently high traffic with average CPC any day over high paying, low traffic names/sites (and that includes a $156.00 CPC keyword domain I own).

For me, this applies not to just gTLD's but also ccTLD's, any and all of them.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I want to comment on this notion of CPC.

I would rather have a very high searched word with tons of traffic and consistent cpc even if it is a lower amount.

Most of your high paying keyword names (even three letters) are going to be very niche oriented and overall low to very low traffic. I wonder how many people are actually looking for DUI vs DUI lawyer.

This is especially true when you are making sites. I want sites to get used and I want that traffic. Same goes for parking but I am really going with less emphasis on parking now.

But sites with high traffic lead to all sorts of revenue channels with affiliate ads, adsense keywords, banners, or paid placement.

So give me steady and consistently high traffic with average CPC any day over high paying, low traffic names/sites (and that includes a $156.00 CPC keyword domain I own).

For me, this applies not to just gTLD's but also ccTLD's, any and all of them.

You make some good points and I guess the problem here is what is the definition of high ppc. Personally I like to look at anything over 60-70c/click but others may have higher or lower barriers.

To me high ppc is evidence of a serious product backed by a well heeled industry prepared to spend money to move their product. That ensures the max income for traffic generated particularily as we (dropwizard) are moving more into placed ads on our sites and getting rid of such albatrosses as adsense.

Low ppc is evidence of commodity products which can be found anywhere and likely to have low ctr that reflects that fact.

I wonder how many people are actually looking for DUI vs DUI lawyer.

The DUI stats were broad match which means it would include things such as dui lawyer. Obviously you build a site into those terms for maximum traffic.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Free games sites are good examples of high traffic / low pay per click type sites. HallPass Media must get tons of traffic but their ads must pay low per click. Unless there is some other revenue I'm missing.

Another good LLL is DNF.ca which is actually in this week's TBR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom