Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Tim Horton's Goes Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any canadians besides me buying stock in this?

opened at 36.21 per share on TSX

-=DCG=-

Domain Days 2024

realraptor

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess only Canadians/investors would be interested? IMO, how much more can they keep expanding(in Canada)? It seems in Ontario there's a Timmy's on each corner. In the USA, there's little to no interest because the service is not the same from what I hear.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its amazing how much money a company can make that sells $0.80 doughnuts and $1 cups of coffee.

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
with it being an IPO, i usually wait til after the lock-up period to see how many of the initial investers stick around and if the stock stays stable.

while i love and miss Tim Horton's donuts, i think @ 28.17 is a very steep entry point. until THI starts marketing like it can be a direct competor to Starbucks, i wouldn't feel comfortable buying in @ more than $18/share.

Disclaimer: These are just my oninions and should not be used as investments tips :p (and yes, i know Starbucks is not a donut shop, but i think THI will expand more to follow the success of Starbucks)

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
realraptor said:
I guess only Canadians/investors would be interested? IMO, how much more can they keep expanding(in Canada)? It seems in Ontario there's a Timmy's on each corner. In the USA, there's little to no interest because the service is not the same from what I hear.

Actually the opposite is true. The main reason behind going public was due to there venture into the states and plans to go big there. If it was still a canadian only venture it may not have at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom