Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Time for a new ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

whydna

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Alright guys,

Just broke my 20gb ipod and looking to buy another one. It was pretty good until it screwed up so Im willing to give Apple another chance.

Been comparing:
4gb nano (299$)
30gb ipod video (399$)

You think the video is worth it? Looks neat, and could be fun to have - but its quite big and bulky.

What do you guys suggest? Any better options? Maybe another MP3 player?

Domain Days 2024

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
4GB Nano all the way...I have a 2GB Nano (since I was replacing a different MP3 under warrantee and they didnt have the 4GB one in stock) and I love it.

I dont need that much space...and it is so tiny, perfect for commuting with it and listening to it everywhere.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have last years 60GB model and I am loving it. I've never had a problem with it and it's great if you don't like having to play favorites with your music. (It all fits and there's room for plenty more!)

It's bigger and bulkier than the others, but it also holds way more music. If you want to take it jogging then it won't be your best bet though.

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you use it while exercising/running, while commuting or while driving, etc?

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got the nano and am happy with it; even though I have the 4gb I am still running out of space...

Luckily I still have my original ipod so if I ever run out of space I can always switch back to it.

LazyD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a 4 gb nano, and so far have had no problems with it. Fits nice in your pocket, I forgot I had it sometimes:-D

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Costco sell the 60gb ipod video for under $400. I have to buy one for the wife...her ipod-mini doesn't really hold enough songs. I just spent over a month importing all our music CD's. It's 6600 songs and 30GB.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've never understood why people need so much space...there are only so many songs you actually want to / can possible listen to at any one time.

I have about 800 songs in my library and I don't even listen to 1/2 of them regularly...and if I ever run out of space I can always delete some songs I'm not interested in listening to at the given time.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your prices are wrong.... The 30GB ipod video is 299$...

whydna

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am in Canada, those are canadian prices.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i am also considering of buying Ipod Video 30 GB. but i dont know if will come very handy

whydna

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the nano only problem is it might be a bit small, 4gb hmmm....

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you really want video try the Creative Zen M Vision... very very nice, I just got one a few weeks ago...

whydna

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To Ipod video owners: how easy is it to upload videos? a friend of mine tells me you need to buy a seperate software to upload videos! Is there any type of limitation to videos you upload, etc

P10n33R

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You do not need to purchase any other software to put videos on to your iPod. All of the software comes with the device itself.

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't get an ipod! Mine broke a while ago as well, so I got a Creative Zen this time. Its 20x better, sound quality and the method of adding music to it. Check it out at http://www.creative.com. Btw I use mine for working out and stuff so its very conveinant.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
darren do u have a affiliate link that i can use to buy it?
just kiddin, makes me think of affiliate program whenever i try to buy something these days:israel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom