Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Time for new Mods??

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Increasingly, I have seen some mods partake in behavior that is actually polarizing this group. I say it's time for a "review of performance"...

btw: Kudos to Bidwinner and GD for their job performance. They create threads and partake in a way that is healthy to DNF.

Upvote 0

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If they did that then that would lead to even more people being upset

How many Ex-Mods or Top Posters have setup other forums ?

This has caused the Domain Community to be split apart.

People don't like leaders and don't like being told what to do.

The Leader may have good intentions but they still want you to make them money.

Anyone can build a dnforum but can they get people to post on it ? They can only get support from people who like them and if it will make them money.

Why should a poster pay to join, then click banner ads and put up with your posts being deleted etc.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother posting - because as I write this it will be most likely be deleted or pissed off

Only sites have rules, the internet has no rules and if they don't like it they will go to another site

And if the leaders don't like you they will force you to go somewhere else by blocking your ip

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Izopod, this is the first time I've read you criticizing the forum like that. I completely agree with your assessment, but I'm hestitant to think the problem is solved with "new mods". I think the current mods are fine. I think there's been so much strife flung around, so many genuine trouble makers, its made folks extra sensitive sometimes. --Plus, in some cases, some conflicts come from a genuine friction between attitudes that cause rules to be slightly more arbitrary than they might otherwise be.

Comeradery gets lost in the mix.

Sometimes "I wonder" the same things, Whois-Search. An odd balance to achieve between people sounding like they're on "happy-juice", and being genuinely appreciative of the oddities of a fellow human spirit when plugged into a keyword. I say "appreciative", because sometimes the feelings of non-mods simply need to be allowed to be as they are, and not somehow "corrected". Especially if the expression of that feeling is otherwise benign.

~ Nexus

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lol.

Your political posts that ARENT ALOUD.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Should we have a poll amongst the Mods to see if it's time for new members? :-D

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

being a mod......ain't easy!
you don't get paid for it!
most times you're seen as the enemy!
your domain sales on the forum may decrease because you're a mod!

I don't like to delete posts or see members get banned!
I have tried sending a polite pm to the poster,to get a one on one dialog to hopefully resolve situations.
sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't

we have to have some evidence of order and consistency, to appear as legit and professional!

if there are rules,they should be followed!

members that come here to get info and sell names.......within the spectrum of the format, have no issues!
they get what they want from DNF and continue with their business!

others are opinionated.........which is fine,as i am also,but they cannot force their opinions to be read by others at DNF if they are not within the "spectrum of the format"!

why come to a "domain forum" to discusss politics?
members should be reasonable in expressing their ideologies not pertaining to domaining!

This is the ultimate purpose of DNF..... "domains"!

If we conform as a group, then we have a unified movement!

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Even inside the spectrum of "the format", there are shades of gray that deserve better treatment than "expecting the worst". I realize its a hard balance, but insults are easy, subjective --though easily assuaged with the right attitude to follow them up. That's all I feel is needed. Just more mods saying, "Thanks for the feedback. Have a good day." as opposed to "It's clear to me we already do that."

Its interesting to note how much "Thanks for the feedback" doesn't say "I didn't know that", while still making the person commenting feel as if due consideration is given. When answering with some version of the latter, friction is inevitable.

Kind of like Judo.

~ Nexus

doubledee999

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it might be a matter of too many chief's not enough indian's.

just my 2 cent's

doubledee999

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
Increasingly, I have seen some mods partake in behavior that is actually polarizing this group. I say it's time for a "review of performance"...

btw: Kudos to Bidwinner and GD for their job performance. They create threads and partake in a way that is healthy to DNF.

Agree 100%

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
expect re-org now that GD is at the helm.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom