Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Time Limit on Creating New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can there be a time limit on creating a new sales thread for the same domain name(s) if the previous one was closed? It's quite annoying to see "[CLOSED] Fantastic domains for sale!" with a timestamp of 5 AM and then another thread created at 5:05 AM with a domain in title.

It's essentially bumping your domain sales thread.

Upvote 0

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there is a reason for the madness

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I completely agree with closing of threads, but hate seeing them open back up almost immediately. It's like double posting and it bumps other sales threads down when the other person may be on their last bump themselves.

Say after a thread is closed, 24 hours before they can reopen it? That's letting them off easy... I mean it could result in infractions or bans. People should know this stuff already.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can Theo get an infraction for interrupting a Domain Name Forum investigation? ;)

He bumped my sales threads down for God sakes!

But on a serious note, appraisal thread and immediate sales thread.

Can there be a compiled rules list that you must scroll down (hopefully read it) and a 10 minute wait time with the page active before you're allowed to post again?

It's getting aggravating. I think Biggie should put on what we would call the Drill Instructors Kill Hat again, though against popular opinion. :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I completely agree with closing of threads, but hate seeing them open back up almost immediately. It's like double posting and it bumps other sales threads down when the other person may be on their last bump themselves.

Say after a thread is closed, 24 hours before they can reopen it? That's letting them off easy... I mean it could result in infractions or bans. People should know this stuff already.

the fact that they are allowed to recreate with correct title format, is punishment and a reminder all in one.

after your thread gets closed, you won't forget next time.

so in theory, exisiting members would remember and we'd only have to worry about new members

but there are also those who may rarely post and they forget as well

if you feel someone gets advantage or extra bump, feel free to create a thread with invalid title format and see what happens.

maybe some other member will suggest same thing you did, after seeing your threads being recreated after 1 min.

:rolleyes:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

the fact that they are allowed to recreate with correct title format, is punishment and a reminder all in one.

after your thread gets closed, you won't forget next time.

so in theory, exisiting members would remember and we'd only have to worry about new members

but there are also those who may rarely post and they forget as well

if you feel someone gets advantage or extra bump, feel free to create a thread with invalid title format and see what happens.

maybe some other member will suggest same thing you did, after seeing your threads being recreated immediately after being closed.

:rolleyes:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's also punishment for existing members following the rules and their threads being bumped out of sight.

A 24 hour rule could be an equal medium IMO.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's also punishment for existing members following the rules and their threads being bumped out of sight.

A 24 hour rule could be an equal medium IMO.

if it's a quality name, at decent price, it won't get missed

besides, if you have bumped your thread to the max, and you were the only person posting in it, then how much visibility you want?

additionally, there is already a 24 hr rule for creating new threads in same section.

if a member chooses, they can literally create a new sales threads for the same domain, almost 3 times a month,

so what's the point?

told you in the beginning, it was a method to the madness, and now you trying to spock it

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why not just delete incorrect posts and PM them a reminder of the da' rules

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if it's a quality name, at decent price, it won't get missed

besides, if you have bumped your thread to the max, and you were the only person posting in it, then how much visibility you want?

additionally, there is already a 24 hr rule for creating new threads in same section.

if a member chooses, they can literally create a new sales threads for the same domain, almost 3 times a month,

so what's the point?

told you in the beginning, it was a method to the madness, and now you trying to spock it

Now I'm confused like Johnn... if there's already a rule about same section, why not immediately close their repost as well? What's stopping them from reposting in a different subforum to 1) not learn their lesson cause there was no time to think about it and 2) somewhat circumvent that rule by doing so?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now I'm confused like Johnn... if there's already a rule about same section, why not immediately close their repost as well? What's stopping them from reposting in a different subforum to 1) not learn their lesson cause there was no time to think about it and 2) somewhat circumvent that rule by doing so?

why don't you make a list of all those you think are violating the rules thru circumvention

then make a list of all other rule changes you can think of

then after you're done

figure how much time you spent on that, versus researching domain names or other shit that could advance your business

imo...

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now that's the Kill Hat Biggie response I would like to see happen on other threads (which all mods can see and are dealing with already, but do understand how overwhelming it is to keep every recruit in check). I think I opened a can of worms. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom